Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

I'd also like to offer my congrats on the century for this one. Very well deserved. I tracked this quite closely in excel and it's trajectory was fabulous. Interesting to see how backloaded it wound up being; people have said it should've opened between 3,000 - 4,000 theatres but in retrospect the slower roll out and ramp-up looks smart to me. Hard to argue with a 4.2 multi. With Japan coming it will get another century overseas. Definitely a hit.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2016 at 0:23 PM, Mikasa Ackerman said:

When was the last time a "smart" and "profound" science fiction movie got this much praise? Snowpiercer? Gets me worried, because I don't really rate Snowpiercer.

Goddammit I was right to be worried, I didn't really love Arrival either. Incendies and Enemy are still peak Villeneuve in my opinion. And seeing as I've only ever liked two Gosling movies, I'm not optimistic that Blade Runner will change that.