Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

If this is another winner, I may indeed just have to get hyped for Blade Runner 2. Villenueve is probably #2 in the pecking order of directors whose movies I'll check out without hesitation right now.

We all know who's number one, right? ;)

• Like 2

Arrival feels like “if you blended a (Stanley) Kubrick and a (Steven) Spielberg movie,” Renner says, and instead of a “big  Michael Bay  alien movie,” the new film is more along the lines of Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Contact.

:drool:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Arrival feels like “if you blended a (Stanley) Kubrick and a (Steven) Spielberg movie,” Renner says, and instead of a “big  Michael Bay  alien movie,” the new film is more along the lines of Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Contact.

:drool:

7fa6b0be9d5614e6e8aa57089f47c718ec462a46

17 hours ago, filmlover said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18683-1378778274-0.

prisoners is too dumb to be great. i mean i enjoy it but it can't do the fincher thing of elevating itself above the trashiness of it. also about half the acting ensembles work is... misjudged to put it kindly.

love sicario/enemy though.

• Like 2

Thwre is definitely some good things in Prisoners but its just way too long. And I know its part of the point that Hugh Jackman is driven to be just as bad as the captors of his daughters and all but don't understand how I'm supposed to root for the guy. He's jus despicable.

This scene is great though.

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

If you were a politician and film snobs were your base, that would be your line

They'd still turn their nose up at Spielberg. If you just said Kubrick that'd hit the spot.

I'm getting more and more jazzed for this. 

• Like 1