Dementeleus

Tele's 100 Favorite Movies aka "Comfort Food" (complete)

ST is amazing and all, but it doesn't hit the greatness of some moments in STiD. 

STiD is one of those films where I left the theaters very disappointed, but with subsequent rewatchs I begun to prefer it over the predecessor.

I actually had the opposite thing happen, after I watched STiD I thought it was one of the best films I ever saw. but after a few rewatches I realized it's story overall wasn't nearly as good as ST09.  

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

I actually had the opposite thing happen, after I watched STiD I thought it was one of the best films I ever saw. but after a few rewatches I realized it's story overall wasn't nearly as good as ST09.  

:WHATanabe:

• Like 3

:WHATanabe:

what? it was an adrenaline rush I get caught up in the moment a lot. that's why it sometimes takes months for me to truly grade film.. I had convinced myself Man of Steel would be the best Superhero film ever made before I saw it, so I  told myself it was. and originally gave it an A+ I would now.. well that movie kind of breaks my heart actually I'm not sure what to give it. :wacko:  

• Like 1

what? it was an adrenaline rush I get caught up in the moment a lot. that's why it sometimes takes months for me to truly grade film.. I had convinced myself Man of Steel would be the best Superhero film ever made before I saw it, so I  told myself it was. and originally gave it an A+ I would now.. well that movie kind of breaks my heart actually I'm not sure what to give it. :wacko:  

I can't imagine ever thinking immediately after an entertaining blockbuster that its the best movie ever :P

What's your favourite film?

I can't imagine ever thinking immediately after an entertaining blockbuster that its the best movie ever :P

What's your favourite film?

To be revealed at my top 100 countdown. :P(or you could just look at my letterboxd account >_>) it's almost a tie though.. they are incredibly amazing films.. and no I didn't just watch them.

what's yours?

Edited by Kalo

To be revealed at my top 100 countdown. :P(or you could just look at my letterboxd account >_>) it's almost a tie though.. they are incredibly amazing films.. and no I didn't just watch them.

what's yours?

Ah yeah ofc, Star Wars, I did know that but forgot :)

It scares me that for a brief moment anyone could think Star Trek Into Darkness is better than Star Wars OT :P

I was just wondering how high the bar was for STID to beat for #1 :)

Mine is 2001

• Like 1

28. Crimson Tide (1995)

They don't make 'em like this anymore. Two A-list actors bringing their A-game, backed by the full producing power of Simpson & Bruckheimer, in a story aimed squarely at adults. Tense, dramatic, and (more than anything) fun, this is a battle of two titanic wills under the ocean. Gene Hackman is the captain of the U.S.S. Alabama, a "boomer" (nuclear attack sub), and Denzel Washington is his executive officer. When a garbled message comes in, seemingly telling them to launch their nukes, the two men disagree and the situation escalates to a full-on mutiny for control of the sub. Another film with an amazing cast, especially for actors who would become iconic later: this movie co-stars Tony Soprano and Aragorn. Pure awesome-sauce.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 8

Ah yeah ofc, Star Wars, I did know that but forgot :)

It scares me that for a brief moment anyone could think Star Trek Into Darkness is better than Star Wars OT :P

I was just wondering how high the bar was for STID to beat for #1 :)

Mine is 2001

No No No. STiD could never be as good as any of the original star wars films.

I just watched 2001 for the first time this year. it was alright.

• Like 1

27. Jurassic Park (1993)

The VFX are pretty dated and the story is mundane. I thought the cinematography was really drab and the movie was kinda slow in parts. Also, the kids were stupid. It was okay, I guess.

Okay, not really. I don't think the movie is flawless, actually, but the highs are so awesomely high they overrule anything else. The first T-Rex attack at night is -- bar none -- one of the greatest action/thrill scenes ever, and should be taught in schools as a prime example of how to create tension and action in an environment.

• Like 12

26. Heat (1993)

Michael Mann's masterpiece, and somewhat famously the first movie where Pacino and De Niro not only starred together but actually appeared in scenes together. A sprawling saga of cops and robbers, managing to indelibly flesh out not just the main characters, but also the supporting ones... all while building up master action set-pieces that're among the best ever made. This has one of those legendary casts where seemingly every single role is filled by an actor you know, and the result is just jaw-dropping. Thrilling. Amazing.

• Like 13

Wow! Didn't expect to see Crimson Peak on this or list or even so high. I've seen the film on TV, and it's quite tense.

I didn't expect to see Crimson Peak either since I wasn't aware Del Toro screened that for anybody :P

• Like 3

I didn't expect to see Crimson Peak either since I wasn't aware Del Toro screened that for anybody :P

YIKES! Now I feel like a complete idiot. Thanks for reminding me anyway MrPink.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2