peludo

Adjusting Exchange Rates... (First post updated with Jason's new list)

Only for curiousity reasons, any details found about 2D/3D split

3D additions to ticket prizes

and extra long running time additions too?

It varied over the time and seems to depend also on the cinema owners, a source for each or all details for one or several countries out of the ~ top 20 BO countries I'd be very interested, just in case you found something.

I use red especially for people who do not always seem to see the message's details, or in quotes as the script is a bit ... not 'contrasty' enough, or... to show which word in my post got especially chosen for what word in the quote = a kind of pairing.

your

1st post : usually used like this to imply doubt.

2nd. post: implying a 'we' & already trying to influence another persons project = both IMHO shows no real respect for the work of another person.

3rd. post: little bee... would you call e.g. your PM, Queen, an adult & respected family member,... that?

I may be not good in formulating English, but I read a lot in English. As in really a lot.

I know only 2 'reasons' for using that wording: 1. being amused about some child's action or 2. more or less condensing.

Each post read as a 'stand alone'..., but in combination with lots of others posts here at BOT showing IMHO a strong tendency of ... not respecting others, these 3 in a row posts to me do not look 'innocent', but as you asked why .... maybe you really are not aware how your posts can be interpreted too?

Than =/= then, thanks for the hint, as you can see in my signature, my English is mainly self-trained, those two I still tend to mix up.

=/= means: is not the same as  

So basically you use red ink because you assume everyone you post to are complete idiots and wouldn't get the message you are trying to convey? okay then. Anyways

1. I couldn't get my head around 1 tiny aspect all of a sudden im being rude? get a life. Given the gif I posted, it was clearly not to be taken as an insult, no-one else saw it as one, you must just be over sensitive.

2. Seriously? How am I showing no respect, again, because of once piece of info I wasn't sure about, now I have no respect lol.

3. Little Bee is a quote from Gladiator, being a film site and all I would consider using a quote from a very popular movie should be allowed and not seen as an insult, but then again you are clearly looking for things to judge me by so judge away. Also what does our Queen have to do with anything? shall I start calling everyone on here sir and madam now? Will that make you happy? lol. You clearly don't know much about the English language then because no-one uses the term 'busy bee' so to insinuate that it is used to talk down to a person is completely bullshit and suggest you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

So there we have it, 3 misinterpreted posts with only one reason as of why, you must have something against me personally and thinking back on our previous convo's on this forum, I can only come to the conclusion that you are still pissed because I once disagreed with you about studios needing to make more female dominant superheroes, you sure do hold a grudge don't you?

Edited by jessie

So basically you use red ink because you assume everyone you post to are complete idiots and wouldn't get the message you are trying to convey? okay then. Anyways

1. I couldn't get my head around 1 tiny aspect all of a sudden im being rude? get a life. Given the gif I posted, it was clearly not to be taken as an insult, no-one else saw it as one, you must just be over sensitive.

2. Seriously? How am I showing no respect, again, because of once piece of info I wasn't sure about, now I have no respect lol.

3. Little Bee is a quote from Gladiator, being a film site and all I would consider using a quote from a very popular movie should be allowed and not seen as an insult, but then again you are clearly looking for things to judge me by so judge away. Also what does our Queen have to do with anything? shall I start calling everyone on here sir and madam now? Will that make you happy? lol. You clearly don't know much about the English language then because no-one uses the term 'busy bee' so to insinuate that it is used to talk down to a person is completely bullshit and suggest you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

You are just pissed because I once disagreed with you about studios needing to make more female dominant superheroes, you sure do hold a grudge don't you?

I put the text into spoiler tabs, as I think this borders into hijacking the thread.

Nope, I

use 'ink' only sometimes with people who seem to jump fast to conclusions or, way more often ... see the rest of the examples.

I use it also in lenthy charts btw, to help find the one little detail I might have commented about.

It's usually a service for convenience, not an generally implied assumption, btw, based on a complete other reason then you seem to assume

Someone who tends to jump on early impressions whilst reading a text is rarely an 'idiot', my impression is rather that especially if a text contains a bit unusual POV - only seemingly at first glance similar to a popular one -, people tend to assume: 'oh, again one of those...' = might not read the complete post with focus.

That has nothing to do with their intelligence, but with human's nature.

Some do it more, some less.

Some have a bit more time, some might have to fastly finish the visit of the forum to go to work.... many many reasons for jumping fast.

Generally:

I'm not sure if we even have an 'idiot' user here, some seem a bit very fan-ish and say sometimes a bit very optimisitic things, if that is what you meant with that, I do not concur, even if some might not really read a post to not have to aknowledge alternative possibilities based on their fandom, but not general missing intelligence....

Omei, I can't even remember your post(s?) about female... whatever. I do remember there was a discussion so, with pro and contra.

In general:

I only hold 'grudges' about people misusing their power, or mistreating others. If it is a politican, a parent, a soldier, a 'friend', a priest,... all the same. As in activly doing something to take away human rights... or hurt people...

I rarely look closly at user-names, especially as a lot seem to love to change them. I am really bad with names.

Nope, you come IMHO as ... lets call it not 100% respecting other people / their opinion ... often ennough bordering on slightly provoking in a lot of threads, about / in reaction to a lot of users.

There are exactly 2 current users that managed to get via repeat-impressions on my 'hmm, seems to be a person with inpolite tendency' ~ list, to get me aware.

A few weeks/days back there were 2 users that got on my: WTF are those??? list, both got banned (recently: ~Malius).

There is one user on my 'hmm, seems to hunt for post-counts' list.

There are ~ 10 people on my 'seem to be very nice/helpful' list, partly mods, partly users. Couldn't spell their user-names.

ahh, and one on the 'has a really big source for nice male pics' list

Btw, you missed a lot, see e.g.hint about ~ 'each for its own,... but...'  and so on

Your reasoning didn't convince me to adjust my impression = a tendency to be not polite is btw not meant as 100% impolite.

I guess you see me also in a not in a 100% positive way ;) so I guess we seem to simple do not 'match'

Back to topic:

BFI (British Film Instittute seems to have released this in ~ August 2014

UK

Separately, figures from the British Film Institute (BFI) show that the average cost of a cinema ticket has risen by 26 per cent in the last five years..

...Official figures, compiled by the BFI and Screen Digest magazine, show the average price of a cinema tickets is now £6.54....

The Telegraph found that tickets in London were ...(GotG)  in 3D at the Curzon Victoria in central London having to pay £20.50 for a ticket, including booking fee.

The same deal would cost still cost £13.30 at the Odeon IMAX in Manchester; £12.90 at Odeon in Brighton and £12.10 at the Vue in Edinburgh.

The average price in 1989 was £2.30. Between 1994 and 1999, the average price rose at three times the rate of inflation, from £3.25 to £4.21, and jumped sharply again during the financial crisis of 2008, when the average price of a ticket was £5.18

I think the list Deadline released (I posted that e.g. at the X-Men threads and at Baumer's HV thread in domestic BO) will soon need to be calsculated with other percentages for foreign BO returns

Again a hint for that (I read a lot of those the last 2-3 years):

...said the cost was driven up by distributors, many of which are controlled by major studios, which lease out their films to cinema companies under strict conditions in return for a share of the takings - which can be up to 90 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11053083/Why-a-trip-to-the-cinema-can-cost-up-to-100.html

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

A chart of 2007:

international average ticket prices

local $
Norway Nkr 74.95 12.8
Denmark Dmk 67.86 12.47
Switzerland Sfr 14.6 12.17
Sweden Skr 79.07 11.71
Iceland lkr 733.33 11.42
Finland 7.82 10.72
Japan ¥ 1,216 10.33
Cyprus 4.33 10.14
UK £ 5.05 10.12
Netherlands 9.46 9.48

Source: Screen Digest

• Like 2

How much a ticket to Dawn of the Planet of The Apes would have cost you this week

If you'd seen it in 2D:

$10 in a standard cinema at Readings in Dandenong (plus $1.50 booking fee if bought online)

$18 in a Titan XC (large-screen, Dolby Atmos format) cinema at Readings Waurn Ponds (plus $1.50 b/f)

$19.50 in a standard cinema at Village Crown (plus $1 b/f)

$22.50 in a Vmax with Dolby Atmos cinema at Village Crown (plus $1 b/f)

$30 in a Gold Class cinema at Crown (plus $5 b/f)

$39 in a Director's Suite cinema at Hoyts Melbourne Central (plus $1.10 b/f)

If you'd seen it in 3D:

$12.50 at Readings in Dandenong (plus $1.50 b/f)

$19.50 at Readings in Waurn Ponds (plus $1.50 b/f)

$25.50 in a Vmax with Dolby Atmos cinema at Village Crown (plus $1 for 3D glasses if you didn’t bring your own, plus $1 b/f)

$27 in an Xtreme Screen cinema at Hoyts Melbourne Central (plus $1.10 b/f)

$39 in a Village Gold Class cinema in Albury (plus $1 for 3D glasses if you didn't bring your own, plus $5 b/f)

= Australia!

Some additional details in the article and some rather - for me - interesting details are also in the comments there to find

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/a-cinema-ticket-in-australia-can-cost-up-to-40-heres-why-20140710-zt3g0.html

Cinema admission prices in Australia, 1976–2013

Next update February 2015

The average ticket price has risen by 20 per cent over the past five years, and is up from $11.17 in 2008 to $13.41 in 2013.

Graph: Cinema admission prices in Australia, 1976-2013. The tables following provide the data.

1970s

($) 1976 1977 1978 1979
Top price1 3.50 4.50 4.50 4.75
Average price 3.30 3.50 3.50 3.70

1980s

($) 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989
Top price1 5.50 6.00 6.50 7.00 7.00 7.50 8.00 8.50 9.50 10.50
Average price 4.00 4.50 5.00 5.60 5.40 5.40 5.31 6.16 6.10 6.60

1990s

($) 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999
Top price1 11.00 11.50 11.50 11.50 11.50 12.00 12.50 12.50 12.50 12.50
Average price 6.61 6.95 7.09 7.00 7.00 7.17 7.26 7.47 7.87 7.93

2000s

($) 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 
Top price1 13.50 13.50 14.00 14.00 15.80 15.00 15.50 20.00 20.00 25.00
Average price 8.39 8.78 9.13 9.64 9.92 9.94 10.37 10.57 11.17 11.99

2010s

($) 2010 2011 2012 2013            
Top price1 23.00 28.50 25.50 27.00            
Average price 12.26 12.87 13.10 13.41            

Source: Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia (MPDAA). May include some estimates.

I put the text into spoiler tabs, as I think this borders into hijacking the thread.

Nope, I

use 'ink' only sometimes with people who seem to jump fast to conclusions or, way more often ... see the rest of the examples.

I use it also in lenthy charts btw, to help find the one little detail I might have commented about.

It's usually a service for convenience, not an generally implied assumption, btw, based on a complete other reason then you seem to assume

Someone who tends to jump on early impressions whilst reading a text is rarely an 'idiot', my impression is rather that especially if a text contains a bit unusual POV - only seemingly at first glance similar to a popular one -, people tend to assume: 'oh, again one of those...' = might not read the complete post with focus.

That has nothing to do with their intelligence, but with human's nature.

Some do it more, some less.

Some have a bit more time, some might have to fastly finish the visit of the forum to go to work.... many many reasons for jumping fast.

Generally:

I'm not sure if we even have an 'idiot' user here, some seem a bit very fan-ish and say sometimes a bit very optimisitic things, if that is what you meant with that, I do not concur, even if some might not really read a post to not have to aknowledge alternative possibilities based on their fandom, but not general missing intelligence....

Omei, I can't even remember your post(s?) about female... whatever. I do remember there was a discussion so, with pro and contra.

In general:

I only hold 'grudges' about people misusing their power, or mistreating others. If it is a politican, a parent, a soldier, a 'friend', a priest,... all the same. As in activly doing something to take away human rights... or hurt people...

I rarely look closly at user-names, especially as a lot seem to love to change them. I am really bad with names.

Nope, you come IMHO as ... lets call it not 100% respecting other people / their opinion ... often ennough bordering on slightly provoking in a lot of threads, about / in reaction to a lot of users.

There are exactly 2 current users that managed to get via repeat-impressions on my 'hmm, seems to be a person with inpolite tendency' ~ list, to get me aware.

A few weeks/days back there were 2 users that got on my: WTF are those??? list, both got banned (recently: ~Malius).

There is one user on my 'hmm, seems to hunt for post-counts' list.

There are ~ 10 people on my 'seem to be very nice/helpful' list, partly mods, partly users. Couldn't spell their user-names.

ahh, and one on the 'has a really big source for nice male pics' list

Btw, you missed a lot, see e.g.hint about ~ 'each for its own,... but...'  and so on

Your reasoning didn't convince me to adjust my impression = a tendency to be not polite is btw not meant as 100% impolite.

I guess you see me also in a not in a 100% positive way ;) so I guess we seem to simple do not 'match'

You misunderstand, I wasn't trying to convince you of anything, I don't need to convince you. I don't see you in a negative or a positive way, you are just a poster named terrestrial to me. I merely denied your accusations of my posts and talking about how you 'don't hold grudges' and 'don't recall certain convos' is (no offence) complete bullshit :). You don't seem unintelligent, and im sure you have a good enough memory to remember certain convos from less than a month ago, no-body has a memory spam that short so actively lying about not remembering is just hiding from the fact that you are actually holding a grudge. There is no other reason why you would lie about it.

Now I know assume of my posts can be rude, some a little militant at times and if I get called out for it I can accept that but nothing I'd said in this thread was rude in the slightest.

You misunderstand,

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything, I don't need to convince you. I don't see you in a negative or a positive way, you are just a poster named terrestrial to me. I merely denied your accusations of my posts and talking about how you 'don't hold grudges' and 'don't recall certain convos' is (no offence) complete bullshit

:). You don't seem unintelligent, and im sure you have a good enough memory to remember certain convos from less than a month ago, no-body has a memory spam that short so actively lying about not remembering is just hiding from the fact that you are actually holding a grudge. There is no other reason why you would lie about it.

Now I know assume of my posts can be rude, some a little militant at times and if I get called out for it I can accept that but nothing I'd said in this thread was rude in the slightest.

Don't assume, ask...

I don't remember the names of posters, I remember the details I gained in a post. I could tell you an in-depth summary of a book, but have problems to name the title and the author,....

I sleep in average 2 hours (insomnia), am face-blind and as such never developed a good memory for names too.

I do remember 'contra' in that thread, I even remember to have stoped myself to post there, as I got the feel it was too off-topic.

I'd have to find and re-read that thread to get aware about your explicit parts in that. Not sure if that is necessary.

Based on 2 main reasons (insomnia and early retirement bcs an accident):

I read a lot, as mentioned a really lot (rather fast reader), including AP, BBC, Reuters, SMH,... Cinema news, also my main interest to be here: international movie business details, space science news, ... 'normal' books, and more

In time-blocks / in a row I watch movies/Tv-series too, but time-wise less than reading

I teach part time e.g. media comparison, disussion, recognising main details for summaries... to pupils in a school, edit for (older than me) artists and pupils clips, do some other stuff, usually at home.

I also run a school library (listing the titles, organizing the money, searching for cheap used books & ordering the titles,... usually from home), sit 1/2 day per week in it too (school)

My brain is a bit input-hungry, a bit too active too often = I seek and get enough new input/impressions per day I am often not sure if e.g. a certain news broke 2 days or a week back

It's not about short-memory in general, it's about the principle details/versions of informations that I 'store' away in my brain. Btw, not even concsiously.

back to topic:

The Unesco has an Excel sheet for average ticket prices in USD for a lot of countries till 2011

http://www.uis.unesco.org/culture/Pages/movie-statistics.aspx

Overall, the survey yielded data from more than 100 countries including all key countries in the film industry.  The survey provides a unique perspective on how different countries and regions are transforming traditional approaches to the art and industry of film-making, especially in video and digital formats. Key indicators below focus on habits of film consumption by looking at the origin of films viewed, as well as the most popular films, based on the frequency of attendance. Two indicators focus on indoor cinemas per capita and average ticket price per capita, providing a good perspective on cinema infrastructure and access. 

Indicators / data now available:

The Data Centre also includes updated statistics from 2010 to 2011 on cinema infrastructure, film production and distribution, and exhibition. Historical data from 1995 to 1999 are available in separate tables for fewer indicators and data.

• Like 1

Don't assume, ask...

I don't remember the names of posters, I remember the details I gained in a post. I could tell you an in-depth summary of a book, but have problems to name the title and the author,....

I sleep in average 2 hours (insomnia), am face-blind and as such never developed a good memory for names too.

I do remember 'contra' in that thread, I even remember to have stoped myself to post there, as I got the feel it was too off-topic.

I'd have to find and re-read that thread to get aware about your explicit parts in that. Not sure if that is necessary.

Based on 2 main reasons (insomnia and early retirement bcs an accident):

I read a lot, as mentioned a really lot (rather fast reader), including AP, BBC, Reuters, SMH,... Cinema news, also my main interest to be here: international movie business details, space science news, ... 'normal' books, and more

In time-blocks / in a row I watch movies/Tv-series too, but time-wise less than reading

I teach part time e.g. media comparison, disussion, recognising main details for summaries... to pupils in a school, edit for (older than me) artists and pupils clips, do some other stuff, usually at home.

I also run a school library (listing the titles, organizing the money, searching for cheap used books & ordering the titles,... usually from home), sit 1/2 day per week in it too (school)

My brain is a bit input-hungry, a bit too active too often = I seek and get enough new input/impressions per day I am often not sure if e.g. a certain news broke 2 days or a week back

It's not about short-memory in general, it's about the principle details/versions of informations that I 'store' away in my brain. Btw, not even concsiously.

back to topic:

The Unesco has an Excel sheet for average ticket prices in USD for a lot of countries till 2011

http://www.uis.unesco.org/culture/Pages/movie-statistics.aspx

That excel from Unesco is great :) Thank you very much

Relative to Australia, there is a lot of info here: http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/research/statistics/cinema.aspx

• Like 1

That excel from Unesco is great :) Thank you very much

Relative to Australia, there is a lot of info here: http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/research/statistics/cinema.aspx

Happy to be of service to you :D

Thanks for the link

Todavía tengo un montón de diversión con su proyecto (?)

edit: haha, your link is the sme side as my link about AUS was, mine was already specified to the admission details. like minded... ;) 

:wub: love such kind of details.... BO Theory as it should be

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

I need Jurassic World to hit 1B that's not gonna happen with these exchange rates :/

It's a wild card, if it's good then it wouldn't surprise me if it actually hit 1b, it has the potential to get a lot of bums in seats lol, however I'm a little doubtful of its quality, hopefully I'm wrong though.

Keeping up to date with it seems like an impossible task if you ask me.

It is not so hard. Just to update in my excel the current exchange rates. 5 minutes. But I am not posting them every day ;) I will update maybe weekly, always in the first post
  • Like 4