Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Better wom than Maleficent?  Kids were the driving force of Maleficent....not sure how you measure their WOM.

And adults drive their kids to the movies, and will want to see something they can actually enjoy. plus this is the first major family friendly movie since Spongebob. 

• Like 1

Audiences are gonna love CINDERELLA (and not remember FROZEN FEVER at all). I think MALEFICENT numbers are the floor here.

It should stay within the 80's on RT, awesome consensus, 4.2 rating from audiences, nothing really going to give it much competition= BOOM. Slay Cindy slay!!!

• Like 1

Cindy does have quite a bit of competition coming up: Divergent, Home and Fast 7 (that's going to be so big everything will be affected). 

Fast 7 isn't the same demographic audience as Cinderella.

Insurgent maybe, because Cinderella will draw an older audience and more specifically older female teens. However it won't affect it much because Cinderella will really target kids/families.

So not another billion dollar epic for my man Stellan?

Overseas is more problematic for a live-action fairytale movie. If this was a Disney animation I wouldn't have ruled out a billion.

• Like 2

Overseas is more problematic for a live-action fairytale movie. If this was a Disney animation I wouldn't have ruled out a billion.

But OS has generally been good for these live action "reboots"... Alice almost hit 700, Maleficent did 517 and Oz (which has very little recognition overseas) made 260M.

UPDATE 1:43 PM: Walt Disney Pictures Cinderellaaccording to industry estimates, is looking at an excellent $22.5M first Friday putting it on track for an opening that’s just under $70M at $69M at 3,845 playdates. While that’s a fantastic opening, March has some tall opening records and that type of FSS would put Cinderella as the month’s sixth-highest opening. The top three March weekend openers are The Hunger Games ($152.5M), Disney’s Alice In Wonderland ($116.1M) and the studio’s Oz The Great And Powerful ($79.1M).

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 3

UPDATE 1:43 PM: Walt Disney Pictures Cinderellaaccording to industry estimates, is looking at an excellent $22.5M first Friday putting it on track for an opening that’s just under $70M at $69M at 3,845 playdates. While that’s a fantastic opening, March has some tall opening records and that type of FSS would put Cinderella as the month’s sixth-highest opening. The top three March weekend openers are The Hunger Games ($152.5M), Disney’s Alice In Wonderland ($116.1M) and the studio’s Oz The Great And Powerful ($79.1M).

22.5M is still really good. I had Fri pegged at 21M, so anything over is good for me!

• Like 1