81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade T2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

What can I say? This movie is legendary. The story, the action, the pacing, the characters - it's all great. I don't think I could say anything negative about this movie if I tried. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it in a theater, but my dad owned the VHS and I saw it plenty of times. I bought the Blu-Ray not long ago and man does it look amazing in HD. This movie will never age, IMO.

5/5, A+++, 1000/100, whatever other godly score you can think of.

• Like 6

It's funny, if you read the synopsis for this film without watching any footage it sounds like one of the worst ideas for a sequel ever. 'The bad Terminator who tried to kill them in the first movie gets sent back again only this time to protect whilst more evil terminators are sent to redo what failed before lol.'The film however is one of the best sequels of all time.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

It's funny, if you read the synopsis for this film without watching any footage it sounds like one of the worst ideas for a sequel ever. 'The bad Terminator who tried to kill them in the first movie gets sent back again only this time to protect whilst more evil terminators are sent to redo what failed before lol.'The film however is one of the best sequels of all time.

Actually most of Cameron's movies sound a lot worse when you speak it literally lol

• Like 2

This article shows how careful and effective Cameron is as a screenwriter knowing how to play with audience's expectation and plan the reveals pacing his effects. The bit about the POV that never show the murderous side and shapeshifting cyborg nature of the T-1000 playing up the fact that he could be the Kyle Reese of the movie while Arnie is shown like the brutally and cold killing machine he was in T1 until the reveal in the mall that spins the whole thing on its head. That build-up is pretty clever and the marketing all ruined it to pieces.

• Like 5

How can one top this? It's a genre defining film.Oh wait, he did live up to it. He made the two highest grossing films of all time 12 years apart. He made a film that won 11 Oscars. While I don't think Titanic is quite as good as T2 and Avatar isn't quite as good as Titanic, that doesn't take away from their place in history.

Amen Baumer, though I do think Titanic surpassed T2 in sheer marvel and splendor and is proably the most romantic and grand epic of all time... Avatar was the greatest experience of my life with that 3D version. The story, the music , action the romantic moments--All Epic.... Terminator 2 is simply quite possibly the greatest sequel the world has ever seen and definitely is a genre changer.

It is the grand daddy of all mega films of this era...From  Matrix-- too Jurassic Park and beyond....

James Cameron is Forever!!!!

" Anyone who thinks otherwise is  TERMINATED!!" ;)

• Like 2

This article shows how careful and effective Cameron is as a screenwriter knowing how to play with audience's expectation and plan the reveals pacing his effects. The bit about the POV that never show the murderous side and shapeshifting cyborg nature of the T-1000 playing up the fact that he could be the Kyle Reese of the movie while Arnie is shown like the brutally and cold killing machine he was in T1 until the reveal in the mall that spins the whole thing on its head. That build-up is pretty clever and the marketing all ruined it to pieces.

Come to think of it, why wasn't William Wisher co-operating with Cameron anymore?

• Like 1

I mean after T2. He didn't co-write anything with Cameron after. That seems odd doesn't it?

Well, if I remember right, Wisher contributed some ideas to T1 that were changed or didn't make it into the final version, and he was a friend of Cameron's, so Cameron wanted to give him a chance to work more in the same universe. Plus, of course, they needed to crank out the script fast because of the accelerated production schedule. So he needed someone to tag team with. That wasn't the case on future movies.
  • Like 1

The original Termniator was a better flick IMO, but this is Cameron at his big budget best for sure. A master class in how to deliver an exciting action packed film for the masses.

Yep, the original terminator worked as a horror movie and nothing in T2 can rival the police station massacre from T1 .however T2 is also a classic film and more suited to younger audiences .the first one felt like a very well made b movie , with a touch of the spirit of the movies from the seventies .