Jandrew

Back To the Past: Jandrew Gets Cultured. Maltese Falcon, Arsenic, Blair Witch, etc.

Gotcha. Just started 48 Hours. Ill do the sequel and then Dundee will be next.

Btw yall it doesnt just have to good movies. You can recommend "bad" movies or movies that were failures. I dont want to be that guy that likes everything. Not guaranteeing ill like all these "good" movies, but ill probably like some of these "bad." I just want to stay diverse.

:)

• Like 2

DUNDEE is a really good choice too. I think you'll get a special kick out of 48 HRS, though. There's a really interesting facet to it about Murphy having to deal with casual (and overt) racism all over the place.

In what alternate reality does this movie happen? From the information on the cover for the movie's Bluray and from what I know of the world, Nick Nolte should be having to deal with racism, not Eddie Murphy. I don't get it :huh:

hjck5WR.jpg

But yeah, see 48 Hours J, it's great

:D

• Like 1

48 Hours was solid. Not on the level of Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, or Coming to America, but you really just couldn't go wrong with early Eddie Murphy in anything. Yeah Tele I wasn't expecting the more racial undertones, but they fit in seamlessly into the film. What, its early 80's, like a white guy and black guy forced to work together are just gonna automatically become besties? Especially when the black guy been in jail. Good chemistry from the leads, but the villains felt weak. There was alot more titties than I was expecting too. Not a bad thing of course. I'll give Another 48 a go soon.

I just may end up squeezing 3 movies into today. Depends on if I go out for St Pattys or not, but this is going well so far. 2 days in and 4, possibly 5 movies down. Thanks yall for suggestions. Feel free to put your inputs of these movies as well, I wanna compare and contrast. At this rate, I'll be well over 100 movies by years end, and hopefully have seen all the films on Tele's ballin list.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

Crocodile Dundee was good. Ill watch the sequel probably today. Cant believe I squeezed 3 movies into today.

Anything else?

Ps: Do the Friday the 13ths have to be watched in order?

Edited by Jandrew

well if you want bad movies, I thought it's a Mad, mad, mad, mad, world was one of the worst films I've ever seen, but it was a major sucess at the time and I think well liked it's like 4 hours long though. it was remade in 2001 as Rat Race. which I actually love and find superior in every way.

The Burbs with Tom hanks was interesting, not great. I slightly enyjoyed it. it has Carrie Fisher in it, it was on Netflix, not sure if it still is.

• Like 1

That film brings back horrible memories. Outside of Helen Mirren's boobs and Gambon's incredible ham, it made for a torturous week in film studies. No! I don't care if it's a fucking Thatcher allegory!

I've tried several times but I can never make it past the first 10 minutes of this movie.  Ughhh.

I'd rather watch Un Chien Andalou (1929) all through again and thst eye stuff gave me nightmares.

Some more 1980s movies (some have been mentioned and some you've probably already seen)

A Christmas Story [1983]

A Fish Called Wanda (1988) 

A Room With A View [1985]

Amadeus [1984]

An American Werewolf In London [1981]

Back to the Future [1985]

Big [1988]

Broadcast News (1987)

Bull Durham (1988)

Das Boot [1980]

Diner [1982]

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off [1986]

Ghostbusters [1984]

Gorky Park (1983) 

The Terminator [1984]

Innerspace [1987] 

Kiss Of The Spiderwoman [1984]

Midnight Run [1988]

Monty Python’s The Meaning Of Life [1983]

My Beautiful Laundrette  [1985]

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [1984]

Raging Bull [1980]

Raising Arizona [1987]

Ran (1985)

Romancing The Stone

Roxanne [1987] 

Running Scared (1986)

Somewhere in Time (1980)

Spinal Tap [1984] 

Starman [1984] 

Stardust Memories (1980)

Superman II [1980]

The Big Chill (1983)

The Elephant Man [1980]

The Fabulous Baker Boys [1989]

The Last Emperor [1987]

The Last Starfighter [1984]

The Princess Bride [1987]

The Name of the Rose (1986)

The Right Stuff (1983)

The Verdict (1982)

The War of the Roses (1989)

Time Bandits [1981]

Tootsie (1982) 

When Harry Met Sally [1989]

Who Framed Roger Rabbit [1986]

Wolfen [1981]

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

Watched Clue from 1985. It was boring in the first half, like really boring, but it got better and ended on a fun note. And the slapstick was a good edition. I still have more fun though playing the actual game though.

• Like 1

Tron was a little on the confusing side, but it was so much fun to look at. It'd be a great movie to trip acid too. Too bad im not gonna trip acid.

I did find that movie enjoyable. :lol:  pioneer CGI in the making!