Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

I just want strong box office. That's mainly why we're here, to track box office, isn't it? We have a chance to have SIX films over $50M OW before May even begins. Will probably be 5 because of Insurgent.

I don't get it though. Isnt the goal every month to break the record or atleast do better than last year? Insurgent, Get Hard, and Home could end the month on the strong note, but most want all 3 to fail. Yeah they're all bad, but box office is box office. After the dismal 2014, I just want to see 2015 smash record after record. I really do hope Insurgent recovers and Get Hard and Home do something respectable so this March has some sort of story to tell other than Cinderella. One hit months bore me.

• Like 4

I just want strong box office. That's mainly why we're here, to track box office, isn't it? We have a chance to have SIX films over $50M OW before May even begins. Will probably be 5 because of Insurgent.

I don't get it though. Isnt the goal every month to break the record or atleast do better than last year? Insurgent, Get Hard, and Home could end the month on the strong note, but most want all 3 to fail. Yeah they're all bad, but box office is box office. After the dismal 2014, I just want to see 2015 smash record after record. I really do hope Insurgent recovers and Get Hard and Home do something respectable so this March has some sort of story to tell other than Cinderella. One hit months bore me.

I actually thought Insurgent was better than Divergent and I really wanted it to open over the first movie's numbers, but facts are facts and Lionsgate made a shit job selling Insurgent. And I don't think Get Hard or Home will perform very well either.

Yes. Thinking 50 M - 55 M for TMR: TST.

That is crazy :lol: TST will be in good shape if it breaks 40M on OW.

• Like 1

I don't think finding box office fun to follow means rooting for everything to succeed. Part of the fun for me is actually watching things crash and burn. Flopping is as much a part of boxoffice watching as breaking out. 

NOT that I'm calling this a flop, obviously. But if a lackluster series ends up being just as underwhelming at the box office as it's been in reviews/passion/promotion, that's quite a fitting outcome for me.

But the facts are also that the series is produced on a very affordable budget and will be a significant money-maker for Lionsgate.

Insurgent's budget is 110M. It won't do that DOM.

I generally agree with Jandrew's sentiment 99 percent of the time but I'll be damned if this franchise isn't in the 1 percent I hope to see crash and burn. Fuck this noise. Otherwise, yay for box office records, though!

• Like 5

The wrong sorts of records are being broken at the mo though. That's kinda interesting but not in the same way.

• Like 1

Lions gate is making money from this, we all know that or else they wouldn't keep making them. It still can be seen as a disappointment though, even to lions gate as this should have or tracked better. It's no coincidence that LG decided to make MJ2 3D, even though MJ1 made a crap tonvof money for them, they still weren't satisfied and were dissapointed with MJ1. Companies will always be greedy.

• Like 1