Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

since its not as frontloaded i think it could maybe go passed Divergents numbers still

It'll be a little higher than diverfent,'s

Sequels are normally more frontloaded compared to the first film since the increased fanbase rushes out for sequels earlier than they did for the first one, will be interesting to see if Insurgent bucks the trend.

Sequels are normally more frontloaded compared to the first film since the increased fanbase rushes out for sequels earlier than they did for the first one, will be interesting to see if Insurgent bucks the trend.

I think it well, because the first one already had a big fan base because of the book and less need to see if it's gonna be the next big thing.

So a 19M Friday could still lead to a 45M weekend. Get ready for someone to open an "Insurgent: What Went Wrong" thread.

Still, I wonder what is causing the "drop"? The first film was well received by audiences, and had almost a 3x multiplier...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/insurgent-trailing-divergent-by-nearly-20-at-box-office-1201457127/

Shailene Woodley’s second time around as an action hero in “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” is lagging last year’s “Divergent” with preliminary estimates signalling an opening weekend in the mid-$40 million range.

That’s well short of the $54.6 million opening for “Divergent,” which launched on the same weekend a year ago. Recent estimates had “Insurgent” opening to nearly $60 million.

According to early estimates, the sci-fi actioner is on track for a Friday opening in the $17 million to $18 million range, which would equate out to a weekend in the $40 million to $44 million range — though some sources still believe that Lionsgate’s “Insurgent” could finish the frame above $50 million in the U.S. and more than $100 million worldwide.

The Friday figures include $4.1 million in Thursday-night showings in the U.S., down 16% from the Thursday night number for “Divergent.” The dystopian pic is playing at 3,875 locations in the U.S.

Early estimates indicated that the second weekend of Disney’s “Cinderella” should take in about $34 million for the weekend — about 50% from its $67.9 million debut.  to end the weekend with roughly $32 million.

Open Road’s “The Gunman,” starring Sean Penn, appeared to be falling short of muted expectations with $2 million on Friday, including an estimated $220,000 in Thursday night screenings. That projects to a $5.6 million opening weekend from 2,816 locations.

Pure Flix’s faith-based “Do You Believe?” was also heading for a mild launch with $1.3 million at 1,295 sites for a $4.2 million opening weekend.

tracking box office doesn't equal wanting a strong box office. it depends on the movie. for example i was very happy about and excited by catching fire's box office because it's an amazing movie that deserved to defy expectations and prove female-led action movies can be consistently popular. on the other hand american sniper's box office made me sick to my stomach because it's an islamophobic propaganda movie and knowing so many people bought into it was horrifying. it all depends on the context so people being happy/sad about insurent's numbers really just reflects whether they like the series and want it to do well or not

no

• Like 2

Bummed... No breakouts for 2015 so far... Everything has either performed at or below expectations. The only surprise hit this year wasn't even for a 2015 movie.

Kingsman and Spongebob.

• Like 2