Avatree

10 films over 700M in 2016?

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Pretty much a lock for 2016. The real question is if 15 movies can make it over $700m worldwide this year.

what? you know there is only one other lock for 700M you know? Rogue One, nothing else is locked in the slightest.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup, done deal this is. 7 down, w/Suicide Squad that's 8. Moana and Rogue One will make this happen.

Fantastic Beasts only needs $170-190 million DOM and a similar OS number as the other HP films to hit $700 million WW. 

Should get 11 this year. 

46 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Is he not the chosen one over there?
He will be. And when he gets big in the States everyone in the UK will realize he is a pretentious batshit. Likeable batshit. 

I mean he is recognizable (mostly just among 15-25 year olds) but not a household name. He basically has zero drawing power in the US. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I mean he is recognizable (mostly just among 15-25 year olds) but not a household name. He basically has zero drawing power in the US. 

That last movie he starred made $90m+ but then again it was about Alan Turing.  I'm curious to see how much of it was him and how much of it was the subject matter that got people in the theaters.

10 hours ago, Amadeus said:

it's official and those movies would have made it to 700m without china. 

question is now if there will be 10 300m domestic movies. 

Not the most likely scenario, now... Moana, Strange and Beasts are all gonna stall at no more than 250M, apparently.

Sing is the best contender for this (it's already at 180M only two weekends in), and it's still a long way to go. Though, w/no competition until Lego Batman, I think it stands a chance. And no @That One Guy, Monster Trucks is no competition. Unless it's Troll 2 levels of hilarious. Then it's gonna explode.