babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

but let's be real The Artist is basically a remake in all but name as well.

Glitter comes pretty close as well. Pretty much the same format as A Star Is Born, only with much less relatable characters.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nick64 said:

Then you would know that Gaga hit the Top 10 with “Applause” and “Dope” in year 6 of her career, meaning she’s had three in the back half :redcapes::sparta:

"Dope" wasn't an actual hit. It hit #8 because of a new technicality that Billboard introduced that year which counted video streams towards a song's chart position. Gaga performed that song at the Youtube awards, and scored a "hit" simply because the entire three hour event was watched by four million people, and four minutes of it was that song. It completely dropped off the Hot 100 the following week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodlebug said:

"Dope" wasn't an actual hit. It hit #8 because of a new technicality that Billboard introduced that year which counted video streams towards a song's chart position. Gaga performed that song at the Youtube awards, and scored a "hit" simply because the entire three hour event was watched by four million people, and four minutes of it was that song. It completely dropped off the Hot 100 the following week.

I know. I’m actually a massive follower of the music industry too lol. Just making sure that if stats are gonna be used, they’re the right stats ;)

• Like 1

Smart. Edited by captainwondyful

Blindgossip says:

“There is a movie coming out this fall. It features two huge stars who are working together for the first time. The movie is currently in post-production… and people are panicking!

The trailer looks great but the film is a mess. The story doesn’t hang together, it doesn’t look right, it doesn’t sound right, the chemistry is off between [the two stars]. It might be salvageable, but lots more editing needed. Maybe some reshoots if they get panicky enough.

If the romance between the male and female lead isn’t believable, that’s a bad sign. However, the most curious part of this is the problem with the story. Hasn’t this story been done before?”

Should we be worried? :blush:

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Looks really good. Lady Gaga's acting is impressing me so far.

She actually looks better without all the makeup that she usually wears. I understand why she's being credited as Gaga but I think it would have better if she'd credited under her actual name. 

This looks generic to me.  I feel like I've seen this story so many times. A talented girl doesn't have the confidence to put herself out there, a guy helps her see how talented she really is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

This looks fine, I guess it'll be cool and good and whatever, but I just watched the 1954 one not too long ago and the quality of this pales far in comparison to the quality of that.

But this has sexy Southern-drawled, gorgeous-bearded, Bradley Cooper with the singing voice of an angel. Ain't nothing from the 1954 movie's gonna top that.