babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

I saw the movie. It was good. Lady Gaga was very good but maybe she should stop with the botox/fillers as it clearly restricted some of her facial movements in the film in some scenes. Her singing is extraordinary, and I never expected her to be such a good actress. The scene in the bathtub was my favorite scene in the movie.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as usual. 

It just felt too long sometimes. 

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Went to see it for the second time tonight, sold out again in week three in a Tuesday night in the cinema. 

It’s killing it at the U.K. box office. 

It increased in weekend 2 and fell 7% in its third weekend. Crazy. 

The increase in the second weekend wasn't a huge shock because it gained cinemas due to Vue resolving their dispute with WB but it's a surprise it's doing better than Johnny English and is catching up to Venom despite Venom opening much higher

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Went to see it for the second time tonight, sold out again in week three in a Tuesday night in the cinema. 

It’s killing it at the U.K. box office. 

It increased in weekend 2 and fell 7% in its third weekend. Crazy. 

What’s the UK’s infatuation with musicals?

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

but it's a surprise it's catching up to Venom despite Venom opening much higher

That’s not really a surprise lol 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

What’s the UK’s infatuation with musicals?

It’s more an infatuation with good WOM ;)

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wonder if bohemian rhapsody gives it a big knock this weekend tho. dodgy reviews or not that's still gonna be so massive here. my grandma is gonna go see it she hasn't been to the cinemas in seven years.

I think ASIB will have a bigger drop but should hold well against BR

On 10/22/2018 at 9:15 AM, Noctis said:

I saw the movie. It was good. Lady Gaga was very good but maybe she should stop with the botox/fillers as it clearly restricted some of her facial movements in the film in some scenes. Her singing is extraordinary, and I never expected her to be such a good actress. The scene in the bathtub was my favorite scene in the movie.

Bradley Cooper was excellent as usual. 

It just felt too long sometimes. 

This was filmed in 2016, when her face was really botoxed to hell. She looks way better now.