babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

33 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This was filmed in 2016, when her face was really botoxed to hell. She looks way better now.

Which is a shame. But she was very good nonetheless. There was a scene where she was talking to Cooper where she looked slightly angry solely because of her eyebrows lol

She looks much better now. 

Edited by Noctis

hey, what are the frontrunners looking like for this soundtrack at the Academy Awards? 

I thought there would be like 3-5 songs getting through at least so I sorted through the soundtrack a few times and ranked the 18 songs like this - 

1 - I'll Never Love Again

2 - Shallow

3 - Heal Me

4 - Before I Cry

5 - Hair Body Face

6 - Always Remember Us This Way

7 - Look What I Found

8 - Is That Alright?

9 - Music to My Eyes

10 - Maybe It's Time

11 - Why Did You Do That?

12 - I Don't Know What Love Is

13 - Digging My Grave

14 - Alibi

15 - Black Eyes

16 - Too Far Gone

17 - La Vie en Rose

18 - Out of Time

They're pushing "Shallow", "Always Remember Us This Way", and "I'll Never Love Again":

http://www.warnerbros2018.com/screenings/for-your-consideration/?film=astarisborn

Still, they can only nominate two of them at the most in the Best Song category. 

Soundtrack faves:

1. Always Remember Us This Way / Is That Alright 

2. Maybe It's Time

3. Shallow

4. I'll Never Love Again 

5. Music To My Eyes

It changes, though, I can make 5-6 other songs I like just as much.

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

They're pushing "Shallow", "Always Remember Us This Way", and "I'll Never Love Again":

http://www.warnerbros2018.com/screenings/for-your-consideration/?film=astarisborn

Still, they can only nominate two of them at the most in the Best Song category. 

Soundtrack faves:

1. Always Remember Us This Way / Is That Alright  

2. Maybe It's Time

3. Shallow

4. I'll Never Love Agai

5. Music To My Eyes

It changes, though, I can make 5-6 other songs I like just as much.

Are they not pushing the superior Is That Alright b/c it's just used at the end credits (or so I've heard - haven't seen the movie yet). Does that make it ineligible?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Are they not pushing the superior Is That Alright b/c it's just used at the end credits (or so I've heard - haven't seen the movie yet). Does that make it ineligible?

It's the first song in the credits, so I believe it's still eligible. I'm surprised they are pushing three songs to begin with, though, a lot of movies these days only stick to one.

• Thanks 1

"Shallow" and "I'll Never Love Again" will be the two nominees. The former has been the main song associated with the movie since its promotion began (like "City of Stars" was for La La Land and "This Is Me" was for The Greatest Showman), and the latter because it's the movie's big power ballad.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

"Shallow" and "I'll Never Love Again" will be the two nominees. The former has been the main song associated with the movie since its promotion began (like "City of Stars" was for La La Land and "This Is Me" was for The Greatest Showman), and the latter because it's the movie's big power ballad.

I agree those will be the two but Is That Alright & I'll Never Love Again would be my choices. 

Too bad best song score is no longer a category - maybe it'll make a comeback with more musicals.  It could be like Best Animated film - limited # of nominees depending on how many films are eligible but we'd need at least a dozen viable eligible musicals a year and that might never happen again. 🤔

• Like 1

There's an article about how ASIB's OS performance isn't as strong as its domestic performance with contribution from our very own @Shawn

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-a-star-is-born-isnt-wowing-audiences-overseas-1160295

I suspect WB expected that it would perform better in English speaking markets, I don't have a direct comparison but Walk the Line did its best business after domestic in the UK and Australia so maybe it's not the sort of film that works in certain territories. But saying that, the drops in some places like Germany and France for example have mirrored the English speaking markets so clearly it's resonates with audience even if it started small.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, Morning Works said:

hey, what are the frontrunners looking like for this soundtrack at the Academy Awards? 

I thought there would be like 3-5 songs getting through at least so I sorted through the soundtrack a few times and ranked the 18 songs like this - 

1 - I'll Never Love Again

2 - Shallow

3 - Heal Me

4 - Before I Cry

5 - Hair Body Face

6 - Always Remember Us This Way

7 - Look What I Found

8 - Is That Alright?

9 - Music to My Eyes

10 - Maybe It's Time

11 - Why Did You Do That?

12 - I Don't Know What Love Is

13 - Digging My Grave

14 - Alibi

15 - Black Eyes

16 - Too Far Gone

17 - La Vie en Rose

18 - Out of Time

10 hours ago, Valonqar said:

ASIB was always expected to perform better dom due to country music. BR was always expected to be a global monster. Nobody ever expected ASIB to do BR numbers OS. or dom numbers for the matter. 

But ASIB will likely beat BR DOM?

9 hours ago, Valonqar said:

started earlier in less competitive season, awards buzz to extend legs. still BR is insane beast. those OS numbers are :mouthdropped:

So true! ASIB is doing amazing domestically, and has done great #s OS, but BR has been a BEAST OS! And it's not looking like it's taken its foot off the gas anytime soon!:ohmygod: