babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

Just now, Maxmoser3 said:

Wikipedia has lady Gaga as her real name Stefani Germanotta. So is she not going by Lady Gaga in the film's credits? 

She is not. She will be credited by her real name.

WB must really like what they're seeing to move it up to a prime summer spot.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:24 AM, TalismanRing said:

Country music?  I gather for Cooper not her.

If so it looks like they're remaking the Kristofferson/ Streisand version (aka the far distant third in A Star Is Born movies).  Will they burst into Evergreen?

Though I like the 1954 Judy Garland verson a lot, the 1937 original from David O Selznick remains my favorite. BTW the 37 version was one of the first films to be produced in Technicolor.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

I am going to follow this closely just to see how it does in the "Pop-stars-as-movie-leading-ladies" sweepstakes. 

Will it be another Crossroads :sick: or another Lady Sings the Blues :bravo: (in terms of the lead pop star's performance)?

Will it be another Burlesque :rofl: or another The Bodyguard  :bravo: (in terms of box office)? 

Just now, Jonwo said:

She acted in American Horror Story, I think she'll probably be fine in this. 

She was fun in Horror Story, but she did camp it up quite a bit in that role. She cannot do that here...this is a serious dramatic role,and it remains to be seen if she can pull it off. I suspect that Cooper is spending a lot of  his time as director "Mentoring" and coaching Gaga, and the success of the film might well depend on  well he can do this.

Lets' put it this way, Horror Story as far as acting goes is double A baseball, but now Lady Gaga is in the Major Leagues.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Both are great films. 

Evergreen - not so much

Yeah, the Streisand version was a huge letdown. Problem was it became a star vehical for Streisand, and the tragedy of the Norman Maine character got lost in the shuffle.

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

An actual musical?

As in people bursting into [new] songs and stuff?

The 1954 film is a musical so I assume they'll be using the songs from that. They'll probably do a 42nd Street or An American in Paris and add a couple of songs from the catalogue of Gershwin and Arlen. 

• Like 1