babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

5 hours ago, TombRaider said:

...thats so low. this movie had had extreme hype and promo

Would been on the low side but the actual number are 3.2m for thursday and 4.55m for the previews, quite good outside the summer for an non franchise affair, higher than movies over big OW like

The Martian: 2.5m

More than doubled those R-rated giant book sellers phenomenon previews:

Gone Girl: 1.25 (37m OW)

Girl on a train: 1.23m (25m OW)

It keep 50m alive.

• Thanks 2

You can't expect a movie that skews to an older audience to perform as well on Thursday Night as the movies that cater to high school and College age kids do. The older audience actually has to get up and go to work on Friday for one thing.

Projectins of a 45 Milion   OW for this..which is very good for a drama in an age dominated by CBM and SFX heavy blockbusters.

22 hours ago, dudalb said:

I swear, she has Madonna as a career advisor........

I guess a lot of the young whippersnappers around here forget that in the 80's Madonna was just as outrageous as Gaga was,but when she passed 30 she cut out the stunts , begun doing standards from the Great Amereican Song Book and remade herself.

When GAGA did those duets with Tony Bennett last year, I knew  what Gaga was up to..and seems to have pulled off.

Um Madonna was pulling controversial stunt in her 30s - and still is today. She was 34 when her Sex Book was released. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think too many people here  simply cannot understand that different kinds of films will act differently in their box office patterns.

Who think A Star is Born would make 32% of Venom this weekend ? Name on poster.

I ended up being underwhelmed. There was so much buzz and hype towards this movie that I felt I was in for something special. And those first twenty-five minutes worked well. There's a sequence very early on between Cooper and Gaga that is electrifying. But after that scene, I just felt that the movie didn't live up to the hype.

Vastly, vastly underwhelmed, and it's weird because the reviews are so damn good. Personally, I blame, without going into spoilers, Rafi Gavron's character.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, Scubasteve716 said:

Got real good reactions at Cinemacon, might take off

mini La La Land? 120 maybe?

On 4/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, TombRaider said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

60m at best

On 4/24/2018 at 9:04 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Lol even that’s to much. No one is gonna pay to see a washed up pop star pretend to act. 

:Gaga:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1