babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

Very good movie. One of my favorite movies of the year.

One of my good friends, his girlfriend worked on quite a few of the songs for ASIB. His girlfriend’s dad was also one of the co-producers of this movie. 

We’ll definitely check it out again this weekend!

It's a bit weird that MGM is one of the associate producers but yet the logo doesn't appear at all in the movie.

I imagine WB will likely greenlight Cooper's next film as director due to the early success of ASIB

Edited by Jonwo

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Feel like I need to watch the other versions now to see how similar they are. 

2n87w9l.jpg

Not to go into spoilers, but they all follow a lot of the same beats, though with slight variations. '37's really good, and '54's pretty great, while '76 is just a vastly inferior version of '18.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Not to go into spoilers, but they all follow a lot of the same beats, though with slight variations. '37's really good, and '54's pretty great, while '76 is just a vastly inferior version of '18.

I wonder if they'll go back to Hollywood for the inevitable 2037 remake? 

Ok so I decided to suck up my pride and watch the movie. It was OK. I didn’t cry during it which was strange since I’m an easy crier (perhaps my hate for lady Gaga held me back).  The soundtrack is pretty good as well and it’s probably going to be a future classic. As for Gaga’s acting it wasn’t really amazing but it’s a big improvement from American Panned Story. Don’t see her winning best actress.  

Im off the deeeeep end. Watch as I fall down? I’ll never meet the grouuuuund

Edited by GraceRandolph

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

I don't recognize this world anymore.

Also, we need a war, a real one, stat.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1