babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

‘A Star is Born’ will make Golden Globes history with wins for Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper

Bradley Cooper‘s version of “A Star is Born” will make Golden Globes history by sweeping the awards on the drama side. While Cooper is likely to lose the Best Director race to Alfonso Cuaron for his personal memoir “Roma,” we are predicting he will pick up two prizes for acting and producing. Likewise his leading lady Lady Gaga is tipped to take home two Globes for acting and songwriting (“Shallow”).

The first two remakes of the Hollywoo

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/a-star-is-born-golden-globes-winner-predictions-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-news/
tumblr_oabumc7HtM1u6n38po1_250.gif

There's this, "A Star is Born Encore" that's been rated by the Classification & Rating Administration. Is this typical for DVD extras or could a director's cut be coming back to theaters? 

https://www.filmratings.com/Search?filmTitle=a+star+is+born&x=0&y=0

Also, it's nearly the one-week anniversary of Gaga and Bradley performing "Shallow" live! There are other versions with more views by far (the Gaga Daily channel is at 13 million, another is over 4.5m), but this one IMO has the most unobstructed close-ups:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

This is the only Best Picture nominee this year that I have left to watch. Luckily it comes out on HV/streaming in mid February so I'll just be able to watch it before the Oscars.

It leaked weeks ago in HD. are you one of those people who only watch things legally? lol.

Nothing more than a desperate attempt by WB to get it in to the 2018 domestic box office Top 10 LOL. Simply the latest re-expansion after the 101 previous for this film. Imagine pissing away millions of dollars to "achieve" a statistic that will be meaningless to begin with because it was contrived.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Nothing more than a desperate attempt by WB to get it in to the 2018 domestic box office Top 10 LOL. Simply the latest re-expansion after the 101 previous for this film. Imagine pissing away millions of dollars to "achieve" a statistic that will be meaningless to begin with because it was contrived.

Related image

• Like 1

.Loved the Encore version, not just for the extra songs but the really good bits of dialogue/interaction that added a little more character development. Too bad WB didn't play dirty and release the extended cut last month, even if it's not the screener version it could have given ASIB more life in the Oscars race. Oh well...

And seeing Shallow again onscreen: somehow it was sung multiple times in the movie without anyone's personal space being violated! The Oscars rendition was straight fire but their *we were just performing the love in the song* excuses for it are utterly laughable, but go on and tell yourselves that, you crazy kids. :D

9 hours ago, Hunch said:

This whole project is such a triumph for her and a real comeback. I haven't heard this many people talking about Lady Gaga since 2011.

Well her Superbowl performance was very well liked and I think demonstrated she is just not just some singer that trended and faded. 

It is rather telling when you had 12-15 guys 25-30 years old who felt rather impressed by a Laga Gaga live show. 

IMO A Star is Born has demonstrated her acting chaps and imo has allowed many to see her as outside of her singing facade (the outfits and makeup and all). 

• Like 2

I am curious where Gaga's acting career goes from here, if anywhere. Chances of her ever getting another Oscar nom for acting feel slim-to-none. Ryan Murphy collaborations will probably be the norm, even if his stuff tends to net awards these days.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I am curious where Gaga's acting career goes from here, if anywhere. Chances of her ever getting another Oscar nom for acting feel slim-to-none. Ryan Murphy collaborations will probably be the norm, even if his stuff tends to net awards these days.

I agree. I feel like this film spoke to her on such a deep level and largely because it was about music and involved her singing. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, PDC1987 said:

“Shallow” finally hits #1 on the Hot 100 this week. 🙌🙌

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1