Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

That seems great for both openers tbh. For some reason I never thought Home would be the big flop most were thinking it would be, the marketplace was completely ready for a new major animated title and the stars have been promoting the movie a lot in the weeks leading up to its release.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Woah! 1.8M for Get Hard? What is that comparable to? I think both these movies have chances at getting close to 40M!

Home obviously won't have the multiplier of Rio 2 or The Croods but I'd be surprised if it opened less than Peabody at this point.

• Like 1

Great numbers for both! Hoping both can cross $40m this weekend. If at least one can do it, we'll have 4 weekends in a row with a movie making over $40m. And Furious 7's second weekend could cross that too resulting in 5 weekends.

• Like 1

How much did Ride Along do last year? That's good for Get Hard though and the usual for Home since it's audience is usually going to it over the weekend

Just over 1M. 1.06 or something around that.
  • Like 1

This is expected for Home... it's been nearly two months since Spongebob. It probably won't do more than $35 mil though

It is not expected. All you people were calling $25 and below. If Turbo the talking snail could make it to $30M, K dont know why Home was doubted, dont try to be a revionist now. None of you had faith in Home and many of you eere actually rooting for a flop.

• Like 11

This is expected for Home... it's been nearly two months since Spongebob. It probably won't do more than $35 mil though

But I was almost expecting a sub 30M weekend with how poorly they have been doing lately. 

• Like 1

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting Home to do all that well (28-30M) but I sure wasn't rooting for it to fail. I doubt it will happen, but how surprised will people be if this actually opens on par with The Croods?

• Like 1