CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Maybe. It's also possible that it's even more front loaded because all the fans rush out to see it.

If it gets more than 120 for OW, 300 is a possibility, but not locked (yet).

The preview numbers are not just about front loading here, more about the opportunity that audiences had to watch it easily.

Fast 5 was midnight only, Fast 6 previews started at 10pm, Furious 7 began at 7pm. That definitely helped a bit to the increase in the previews, the rest was of course a growing audience.

Last years April record holder, Cap 2 had previews at 8pm for 9.5M.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

The preview numbers are not just about front loading here, more about the opportunity that audiences had to watch it easily.

Fast 5 was midnight only, Fast 6 previews started at 10pm, Furious 7 began at 7pm. That definitely helped a bit to the increase in the previews, the rest was of course a growing audience.

Last years April record holder, Cap 2 had previews at 8pm for 9.5M.

But it's not necessarily a growing audience. You're absolutely right that there's more opportunity, but that could simply be taken advantage of by fans who're now able to see it Thursday evening instead of Friday or Saturday.

I have no doubt that this film will get some fans of the series who didn't go to the last few films.  It will also get perhaps some other casual fans who want to see Walker in his final signature film.  300 is possible but imo unlikely, still a 265-280 finish would be terrific. 

• Like 3

But it's not necessarily a growing audience. You're absolutely right that there's more opportunity, but that could simply be taken advantage of by fans who're now able to see it Thursday evening instead of Friday or Saturday.

How is it not a growing audience though? 

Today at my theater so far (note my theater is going uniquely berserk for this film) 

1:00 PM AVX show 95% full 

1;45pm  show sold out , 8:15pm show out

12:00 pm and 12:30pm show almost sold out 

The best performance at my theater I can recall was TA Saturday with a dozen sellouts.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Because it might be the existing audience (more or less), just frontloaded.

Of course the audience is not growing by 20-50% but each of the films is opening bigger and making more domestically and overseas. 

Imo I think this film has grown far more mainstream and outside of the youth demo group. 

Tons of theaters sold out for the rest of the day over here. Pretty much every theater from out biggest TC is sold out. It is 6:20 PM right now.

FF7 finally opens here today (April 4) and here in the country Black Saturday is a good time for box office since Maundy Thursday and Good Friday practically all the malls are closed due to the lent season, Black Saturday is the time when people on vacation/break go out to watch movies.excited to see how it will perform here.It's opening a local romcom and Spongebob so we should have exciting box office day today too

• Like 1