CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

In India, Furious 7 broke the 2015 OD record with a 2M dollar OD. Not a major surprise as 2015 has sucked horribly in terms of big Bollywood releases thanks to the World Cup (no movie wants to compete with the World Cup in India), and Furious 7 is the first big movie of the year. Hollywood movies have horrible legs in India though (apart from Titanic, Avatar, Godzilla (1998) and 2012) so it will probably finish with around 10-12M 

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/furious-7-emerges-2015s-highest-day-1-earner-beats-roy-babys-record/

Furious 7 has not only emerged as the Highest Opener of any Hollywood film in India, but has also beaten 2015′s Hindi film’s record.

Overtaking Ranbir KapoorArjun Rampal and Jacqueline Fernandez’s Roy, which so far stood as 2015′s Highest Opener with 10.40 crores nett, this Hollywood flick has collected over 12 crores on Day 1 i.e. on Thursday.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I was only 9 when Revenge of the Sith came out but I did see it opening weekend.

The Force Awakens is going to be my first IMAX movie, I'll be there opening night obviously, I kinda want to dress in full stormtrooper gear but something tells me that I could struggle to wear the 3D glasses in a helmet  :lol:

• Like 1

I was only 9 when Revenge of the Sith came out but I did see it opening weekend.

The Force Awakens is going to be my first IMAX movie, I'll be there opening night obviously, I kinda want to dress in full stormtrooper gear but something tells me that I could struggle to wear the 3D glasses in a helmet :lol:

I was six when ROTS came out, but I vividly remember going to see it. My uncle and my dad took me (it was one of the first times I had been to the movie theatre after Incredibles) such an awesome experience! I'm a little biased but I loved that movie!

The Force Awakens is going to be my first IMAX movie, I'll be there opening night obviously, I kinda want to dress in full stormtrooper gear but something tells me that I could struggle to wear the 3D glasses in a helmet :lol:

I was 6 and I saw it OW... Back when I was dumb and thought SW was good

I was a part of the slayage. Guy next to me in the theater was in full Darth Vader gear.

The only movie out of the series I didn't watch in a cinema (as I am not a fan of part 1 and 2, not saying bad, but...)

Can't wait for part VII as I'm an optimist

(I already worked as part IV got released)

Furious 7 will be the first one I'll watch in a cinema, so the (cinema) audience seem to have grown at least with/for/at/about/(???) 1 person (in reaction to Tele's posts)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Even if Fast 8 shrinks, assuming is comes out in 2017, it's still probably going to do 83M OW, and still get 200DOM total and about 500OS.

So even if it shrinks, Universal still has at least 2 films left in this franchise.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 3