CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I mean has there ever been a franchise that opened to a then great 40 million and by the seventh film made close to what the original made in its entire run?

Only one comes to mind, "Diamonds Are Forever" opened to more than Dr. No's final gross. And if you bend the rules a bit, Prometheus opened to 70% of Alien's final gross. Both Alien and Dr. No I am assuming had good openings for their respective years.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

how much money do you think universal spent in this movie altogether including marketing?

I know the budget got punched up after PWs death, but the insurance covered it. Biggest payout in Hollywood history, I beleive.

• Like 1

I don't see how it will be able to reach 130m with an opening day of 60m or below. If the OD is 60m, then the Friday business without previews would be 44m. Saturday is bound to see a drop of 10-20%. If it is 10%, then Saturday would be around 40m and then Sunday about 25m, thus a 125m weekend. If it is 20%, then Saturday would be around 35m and Sunday around 20m, thus a 115m weekend.

I think 120m is what we should be expecting right now.

• Like 1

I don't see how it will be able to reach 130m with an opening day of 60m or below. If the OD is 60m, then the Friday business without previews would be 44m. Saturday is bound to see a drop of 10-20%. If it is 10%, then Saturday would be around 40m and then Sunday about 25m, thus a 125m weekend. If it is 20%, then Saturday would be around 35m and Sunday around 20m, thus a 115m weekend.

I think 120m is what we should be expecting right now.

Well the 60m just came from Variety, and can be higher.

Well as already stated Furious 7 took in 58-60m in Friday accdg to Variety, and Variety is always underpredicts anything.

More like over 60m.

Yeah I'm travelling atm and very rough (might have 2 get pen & paper out) think going well North 60 see if work something out
  • Like 19