CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Ok, good point.  Avatar, in it's 100th week, fell 35%.  Clash of the Titans fell 35% on its first Easter Sunday.  So there's one film in 6 years that bucked the trend.  So I could be wrong and Neo could be right.

Don't take that tone with me. I didn't say any of that stuff in your post. I'm just framing the issues raised by Neo and you. :lol:

We will see who's right soon enough.

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 2

Interesting debate going on here. Will F7 follow history and have a Sat/Sun drop in line with other Easter weekend releases OR

will it defy the tradition and become an outlier like Avatar, Avengers, Frozen and follow its own path to Easter glory?

Stay tuned...

Wow there you go posting without knowing what I was talking about.

2sREC.gif

• Like 1

Way too low.

Why? That would be exactly the range of following Clash of the Titans (136m) and FF4 (140m).

A reasonable comparison, as both opened the exact same WE and have the same target audience.

You are pretty stubborn when it comes to such discussions.

Don't take that tone with me. I didn't say any of that stuff in your post. I'm just framing the issues raised by Neo and you. :lol:

We will see who's right soon enough.

What tone?  I was agreeing with you.  

Wow there you go posting without knowing what I was talking about.

2sREC.gif

If you say so. I'm not going to argue with you today.

What tone?  I was agreeing with you.  

I'm kidding Baumer.

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 3

Why? That would be exactly the range of following Clash of the Titans (136m) and FF4 (140m).

A reasonable comparison, as both opened the exact same WE and have the same target audience.

The original COTT fell 18% on Saturday and 35% on Sunday.

Be careful, its to late.

kraken_2010_01.jpg

I'm not going to argue with you today.

I'm kidding Baumer.

Okay, but just to let you know you already did, 2X. lol

Neo, even your attempt at humour is obtuse.  

Nah its spot on, over your head I guess.

Well you did and if you can't see that. Lets count: 1) This last time, 2) a few posts above and wait it 3) this time. So haven't kept your word yet.

Not falling for it Neo. Bait somebody else.

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 1

So, I know a lot of people don't watch AMC movie news, but I remember earlier this week Schnepp predicted 150M for FF7 OW, and I was thinking "do you know ANYTHING about box office?" Just like when he said "100M opening weekend for GOTG".

Good for you Schnepp!

• Like 3