CaptainJackSparrow

Five Nights at Freddy's | October 27, 2023 | In Theaters and Peacock simultaneously

I've never played the game, but IMO, a movie about evil killer Chuck E Cheese robots needs to go hard R and be a black comedy gorefest, like a late 80s/early 90s Peter Jackson movie. They probably won't do that, though...:(

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I've been watching Markiplier's FNAF4 videos and man, these scares wear off after like 4 or 5 times. Golden Freddy's jumpscare isn't even scary. The movie will probably be the same way except the scares wear off after the second time.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I still think this should be an R-rated insanely violent pitch-black-comedic throwback to early Raimi, Jackson, and other sardonic splatter films of the 80s and early 90s.

I don't care if it's faithful to the games (which I don't know anything about). I just want the movie about killer Chuck E. Cheese robots that the 80s would have given us, with practical animatronics eviscerating people and spraying fake blood and gore everywhere, and making us laugh while scaring the shit out of us.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

fuck this world. why is this movie being made... the craze will be over in a few months, so the movie won't make much money. and unlike something like Angry Birds, this has 0 appeal to anyone outside of the fans.

I watched Markiplier's Let's Play of the first game. FNAF doesn't scare me, it cracks me up because it's so stupid. I still wish this could be taken to its full potential and adapted as the slasher equivalent Meet the Feebles, with the robots stuffing a security guard into one of the Freddy suits on camera in full gory detail, played for uneasy laughs while still being terrifying. Fire up the DeLorean, go back to 1990 and hire Peter Jackson to direct this.

Edited by TServo2049

On 7/26/2015 at 10:35 PM, BourneFan #1 said:

I think this could make a decent amount of money but they need to hurry considering the final game is already out. I don't want this turning into Angry Birds.

Already is at that point, lol.

Edited by cannastop

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'm sure they'd take a Angry Birds-like performance though.

The question is, is this movie still being made?

Nobody knows. The Parent Herald started an unverified rumor that the movie would be released on June 8, 2018 (a date previously held by Godzilla 2). This was back in July. The site also made a claim that Gil Kenan has denied that the movie has been canceled on his Twitter account, yet they failed to provide a URL for this as well and I can't find said Tweet.

However, last year Gil Kenan did share images on his Instagram that got people talking. So far, the only concrete information we've received came from Scott Cawthon, who said that the script is still being worked on.

That's all the official information we have right now.

Edited by NoobSaibot

If this does finally get made my kids are going to want to see it at least 5 times at the cinema. I think the biggest challenge with the plot is how do you keep the five nights format without straining credibility too much. Why would anyone keep going back to a place after being attacked by animatronics the first night? If I was writing it I'd have a group of teens stumble across Freddy's Pizzeria and have the security guard already dead or missing, so in essence you start with the fifth night. That way you can have the kids trapped there and have them unravel the history of the place while trying to escape alive.

Bumped this thread because I came across this news:

‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Movie Release Is Back At Square One, Says Scott Cawthon

Five Nights At Freddy’s movie news was teased in September, and franchise creator Scott Cawthon has just revealed the project is “back at square one” after many months of planning. A recent Steam Community post details the film’s issues.

“The reality is that last year the FNaF movie was met with several delays and roadblocks,” he said, “some involving problems within the movie industry as a whole.” He further confirms that “as of right now, the movie is back at square one.”

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/five-nights-freddys-movie-release-back-square-one-says-scott-cawthon-581764

It sounds like Five Nights at Freddy's is going the way of the film adaptation for The Last of Us. It's going through development troubles. They're re-writing the script. I personally don't think this movie's going to end up being made. If it ends up getting released, it will be too late because Five Nights at Freddy's had its popularity peak almost two years ago.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1