CaptainJackSparrow

Five Nights at Freddy's | October 27, 2023 | In Theaters and Peacock simultaneously

3 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

I think this can beat the october record.

80 million views?

Holy shit!

Five Nights at Freddy OVER Super Mario movie (which had made $1.2 billion so far)?

Yeah, I couldn't say that with a straight face without laughing.:hahaha:

Edited by Mojoguy

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

So...why the fuck is this a same date streaming release again?

Did Peacock pay for this movie to made? It's 2023 now, all studios should be done with this day to day streaming nonsense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Unless Peacock manages to blow up in popularity in the next five months I don’t think that’ll hurt it. if anything the small amount of time it has in October will probably affect it more.

Don’t you think its fan base (considering their age too) are more likely to do repeat viewings at home instead of the cinema? 

It could crush legs. It did for Halloween Kills & Ends (as well as quality obviously). 

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Don’t you think its fan base (considering their age too) are more likely to do repeat viewings at home instead of the cinema? 

It could crush legs. It did for Halloween Kills & Ends (as well as quality obviously). 

That’s possible. I’m not too in-depth on Gen Z’s rewatching habits, and Universal’s whole thing with putting this on Peacock was “you can find all the Easter eggs!” 

Day-and-date on Peacock is a beyond stupid idea. Yea, I get it, nobody has Peacock. But this just means that an HD copy will be available for pirating on day 1. And as much as it sucks, piracy is a huge consumption avenue for people. 

• Like 4

Fuck oofffffff. No wonder they made this a hybrid if it's this long. If IT couldn't make it work I don't think there's a chance in hell this can work.

And I can see exactly how they could do it: by cramming it full of all the FNAF timeline lore and backstory and such. Except that will absolutely grind the movie to a screeching halt, which, for a PG-13 horror movie is a death knell

Edited by SpiderByte