PDC1987

Diversity and Gender Representation in Movies

Getting sick and fucking tired of people bitching about diversity.  You crybabies will not be happy until every character is gay,black,female or lesbian. What about the other ethnic groups? Hispanics,Asians,Pacific islanders, Persians,Arabs? You know they exist too.  It seems you people want blacks and blacks only. 

Says the straight white guy?

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

I agree we could use some more diversity in our big movies... Hell, all movies in general. In the meantime though, how about we just appreciate/ support the steps forward (Fast & Furious being a shining example right now) and not try to bring down other series/ fan bases just for the sake of arguing?

Edited by Mango

Just guys? How dare you only restrict this thread to guys, we should be all inclusive. Your message should read "Have at it, guys/girls/however you identify yourself"  :ph34r:

Tele's a man of his time.

• Like 5

I don't know what thread caused this but I think the reason the F&F films have been successful is not only because of their casts but more importantly it's never mentioned what their race is.

Just guys? How dare you only restrict this thread to guys, we should be all inclusive. Your message should read "Have at it, guys/girls/however you identify yourself"  :ph34r:

In all fairness in Tele's time women could not vote yet or had no rights. Sometimes Tele forgets it is 2015. 

I don't know what thread caused this but I think the reason the F&F films have been successful is not only because of their casts but more importantly it's never mentioned what their race is.

I think I know.  The Minions thread.  Why does the movie only feature yellow Minions?

It's interesting that 80-90% of the posts are basically snark and jokes. Shows (to some extent) the uphill battle diversity faces.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I think it stems from the amount of ignorance people have -- they don't understand the harmful effects that a lack of diversity makes. They don't understand why it's important... in fact many people don't even understand the minorities who are affected. Like they literally don't understand transgender people, or minority sexualities, so they think it's okay to make fun of them.

I am still waiting for an A list gay actor to emerge.
And since Dicaprio and Bradley Cooper never officialized their relationship.

Tom Cruise ;)

Joking aside, it's a travesty, especially when Hollywood likes to think of itself as so forward-thinking and open. I'd probably say the biggest out gay star is Ellen Page - although even in this case, she only came out last year.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I think it stems from the amount of ignorance people have -- they don't understand the harmful effects that a lack of diversity makes. They don't understand why it's important... in fact many people don't even understand the minorities who are affected. Like they literally don't understand transgender people, or minority sexualities, so they think it's okay to make fun of them.

Tom Cruise ;)

Joking aside, it's a travesty, especially when Hollywood likes to think of itself as so forward-thinking and open. I'd probably say the biggest out gay star is Ellen Page - although even in this case, she only came out last year.

Jodie Foster even if she came out very lately in her carreer.

And Kristen Stewart is currently dating a girl.

Jodie Foster even if she came out very lately in her carreer.

And Kristen Stewart is currently dating a girl.

Huh, Jodie Foster is gay? :o

And I'm pretty sure the Kristen Stewart stuff is just rumours. I believe them but they're just rumours.

Huh, Jodie Foster is gay? :o

And I'm pretty sure the Kristen Stewart stuff is just rumours. I believe them but they're just rumours.

Stewart is not a rumor.

Pictures don t lie.

She doesn t give a fuck and that s a great attitude.

• Like 2