PDC1987

Diversity and Gender Representation in Movies

The shot in Star Trek Into Darkness was just them finding a way to get a hot woman in her underwear.  It shouldn't have happened the way it did.  They could have found a logical reason for her to strip down and not make it so skeevy.

Yeah, I think that's the main issue. Other movies find an excuse to show off hot women, STID just did it for no apparent reason. 

lol people still complaining about that one shot in Star Trek Into Darkness. That movie also showed off Chris Pine's body so both males and females got eye candy in that movie. There is no problem there. 

It is strange that if a woman's body is shown off we get the rallied up people, but if a guy's is it's just normal. I mean isn't that right there the very thing that's actually sexist? If it's socially acceptable for men to show off pretty much all of their body excluding genitals, then really the same should apply for women. Or it should be unacceptable for men to be going shirtless all time if women can't. Equal means same for both.

Every movie does it for no reason (well 90%)

Those other movies typically have so many other things wrong with them that their sexism is lost in the fog of all the other complaints. STID is otherwise a reasonably entertaining, dramatic, and commercially successful blockbuster so that one scene sticks out more.

Edited by tribefan695

Any movie where boobs are shown and it's not a period pecie is sexist.

90% of girls Instagram accounts are sexist to themselves these days. Same for guys actully. This is 2015 calling a movie that has one bikini shot sexist is laughable in this day and age.

Edited by Jay Hollywood

Those other movies typically have so many other things wrong with them that their sexism is lost in the fog of all the other complaints. STID is otherwise a reasonably entertaining, dramatic, and commercially successful blockbuster so that one scene sticks out more.

I've only really seen complaints about it on this site to be honest. 

If it was only her I would understand but both Trek movies showed off Chris Pine as well so I don't see why you would target the Trek movies for this, 

It is strange that if a woman's body is shown off we get the rallied up people, but if a guy's is it's just normal. I mean isn't that right there the very thing that's actually sexist? If it's socially acceptable for men to show off pretty much all of their body excluding genitals, then really the same should apply for women. Or it should be unacceptable for men to be going shirtless all time if women can't. Equal means same for both.

I remember we had a big discussion in the F7 thread over how even in a film loaded with bulked-up beefcakes only the male audience got any eye candy. As long as the gender distribution of sex appeal is unbalanced like that, people are going to see female exposure as more gratuitous.

Edited by tribefan695

I remember we had a big discussion in the F7 thread over how the even in a film loaded with bulked-up beefcakes only the male audience got any eye candy. As long as the gender distribution of sex appeal is unbalanced like that, people are going to see female exposure as more gratuitous.

then I say people should be on that thread instead of attacking Star Trek. 

Drive down sunset and you see 25 half naked girls advertising sunglasses for godsakes

And?

If nobody ever did anything simply because That's The Way Things Are, society wouldn't adapt, progress, and advance.

then I say people should be on that thread instead of attacking Star Trek. 

No one is attacking Star Trek.

• Like 4

And?

If nobody ever did anything simply because That's The Way Things Are, society wouldn't adapt, progress, and advance.

I agree but men aren't going to change it, it's up to women end of the day I think. they go along and play into it just as much Edited by Jay Hollywood

It probably has something to do with Chris Pine being the lead in that movie and getting a ton to do, while Alice Eve was in like four scenes where she got to speak, one of them stripping her down

• Like 2

It probably has something to do with Chris Pine being the lead in that movie and getting a ton to do, while Alice Eve was in like four scenes where she got to speak, one of them stripping her down

sure, But I felt like she had enough screen time to the point where it didn't feel like that 

Drive down sunset and you see 25 half naked girls advertising sunglasses for godsakds.

I mean even women use sex to sell things to other women.

Women are being told that looks only matter and they need to be sexy and have unrealistic looks since all those ads are photoshopped.