Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

Hobbit 2 will hit 1b

I also think IM3 has a great chance to. Transformers 3 managed to increase about 75% overseas from TF2, despite coming of so-say the worst movie sequel of all time. If IM3 follows that pattern then it would hit about 540m OS, and that's not taking into consideration that it's coming of Avengers so its bound to have had a substantial increase in new audience.

I can see Hobbit 2 dropping from Hobbit 1 if it drops to $270m in the US and a drop in Europe too.

The Hobbit made 1b with bad trailers, not so great reviews and pretty good WOM. I think an awesome trailer will be enough for TH2 to increase.

• Like 1

At least fanboys have balls.

Because predicting 1b ww for your average sequel or  franchise movie doesn't require any.

Just sayin ' ...

I hope we will have a blockbuster that surprises us this year and Pacific Rim fits the part perfectly.

Next 2 billion movie is more ballsy to predict than next $1 billion but I agree we need something that isn`t a prequel/sequel/zzzzquel to hit the mark. It`s pretty embarrassing that out of 15 that crossed the mark only 2 are really original (aka not based on an existing source) and only 3 are not a sequle/prequel (said 2 oriignals and AIW). It`s worth noting that original 2 are also by far the biggest grossers since they are the only ones that broke $2 billion barrier.

Edited by fishnets