kayumanggi

PITCH PERFECT III | 12.22.17 | Universal | trailer 1 on page 8

41 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It does look awful but honestly the first movie was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. As a guy it just makes me cringe. Then again my GF hates it too, but her mom loves it and has seen it about 15 times no joke. Her best two guy friends are a gay couple and they also love it and have seen it 5-10 times I think. 

It clearly has an audience but my god the entire movie for me is the strongest sort of second hand embarrassment like I just feel awkward watching it. It’s SO bad. I can’t believe there’s a third dose of misery. Ugh.

Don't start this shit again about how it's a "gay movie" :apocalypse: 

I will admit that this movie does have a "Who cares?" vibe to it. Given my, uh, history with one of the actresses in the movie, I should be a lot more excited for it! Jumanji, All the Money in the World, The Greatest Showman, and even Downsizing are all eliciting more interest from me.

Just saw it and it was ehhh. Watchable with some decent moments, but the songs weren't as good as the first and second films. None of the PP movies are particularly great, but I like the second one the most between the music choices and the storyline, as I enjoyed their rivalry with Das Sound Machine. It also definitely felt shorter than the others too.

But holy shit at a certain actor's attempt at an Australian accent. It was hilariously all over the place so at least that was semi-entertaining, if slightly ear-bleed inducing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gamora said:

Just saw it and it was ehhh. Watchable with some decent moments, but the songs weren't as good as the first and second films. None of the PP movies are particularly great, but I like the second one the most between the music choices and the storyline, as I enjoyed their rivalry with Das Sound Machine. It also definitely felt shorter than the others too.

But holy shit at a certain actor's attempt at an Australian accent. It was hilariously all over the place so at least that was semi-entertaining, if slightly ear-bleed inducing.

But how was the DJ Khaled subplot? :hahaha: 

• Like 1

So I just got out of this film after seeing it with my family. As the optimist that I am, I really did fins some things to appreciate. The film is made to be very fun throughout. The film takes the visual comedy aspect (a la Hot Fuzz and Mean Girls) that many modern comedies have lost their touch with, and it makes the film lovely, with creative scene transitions that are reminiscent of the sequence in Hot Fuzz where the main character travels from the city to the town.

The film does have bad qualities, such as some wonky editing and quite a few unnecessary close-ups. And the ending is too abrupt for a trilogy-ending film.

But the people involved certainly have talent. I'm excited to see what Trish Sie, the director, can do with a better script. And as a film that caps off a trilogy, I'm grateful for this film. It undeniably has issues, but no one will say It's the absolute worst of the year.

But one thing's for sure. The first one is better than either of the sequels.