#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

8 minutes ago, Juby said:

For now I see maybe $170 mln DOM and +$220 mln OS, so $390 mln WW.

I live in Poland. :(

Dont quit your day job with that prediction..

Sorry buddy.. But that i can not take serious..

i have the same numbers.. But thats on OW

OS minus China openings: JW 217, FF7 250, Spiderman3 221, HP8 314, Ep7 281, PotC4 220+, 50SoG 157

At a minimum BvS should match 50 shades, and could go up into the low 200s.  China anywhere from 50-75m for the opening I'd guess putting the total from 210 to 280.

Plus 140-180 domestic means a worldwide opening of 350-450.

• Like 2

Tickets went onsale here today. Lets just say that i'm not impressed

im not use to track blockbusters here on a 5 day easter weekend so maybe numbers will be great but there are no signs of records or a huge OD with TA numbers

On 2016年1月29日 at 0:28 PM, KP1025 said:

This was posted by The Good Olive in the China forums over a week ago showing the most anticipated films on the biggest ticket website. A bit surprising that BvS doesn't have more hype...apparently Marvel has more fans in China. Numbers usually pick up closer to release, but CA3 and X-Men both have more hype right now despite coming out months later. 

Now want to see on Maoyan

BvS 278K

X-men 291K

CA 303K 

RGmsiXJ

Consider BvS is released in 12 days,it's not very impressive.Buzz is weaker than CA and X-men now.China $150M on the roof IMO.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

I think it will be big but i don't see the same hype as let say TDKR.

Considering what seems to be lesser hype than TDKR, inflation, 3D and a much lower euro currency among other currencies that have lost value against the US dollar, i think it could end up in the vicinity of $700M - $730M.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I don't know what's going on in Australia. Pre-sales seem very low. 

The midnight business is about 10-20% of what TFA's had already done over a month from the release date. 

Not that surprising. Man of Steel was poorly received and only did 22m in Australia.

Edited by eXtacy

@keysersoze123 @Infernus @Ent - more or less what I'm thinking.  I was around 750 earlier, but now around 650.  More IMAX/PLF, 3D and higher prices I think together will give it a decent shot at 500-550 (TDKR OS-minus-Ch was $584m), and if China can hit 100-150 that should give it a pretty easy 600 and probably more like 650-700.

Furious 7 OS-Ch was 770, ultron 700, JW 780 I think, Minions 750.  Even 50 shades and Deadpool have over 400 so BvS hitting 500 doesn't seem too difficult, and even 550 might be low, but given what Batman has done in the past and what Man of Steel did I wouldn't bet on anything beyond 550.  

Ultimately I think it'll come in under TDKR worldwide which is unfortunate.

• Like 1

I think walk-ups for this will be massive. Not matching AOU or TFA doesn't mean it still won't have a huge opening. If I recall, Jurassic World didn't have out-of-this-world pre-sales either. 

Anyway, pre-sales are looking pretty good in the UK. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2