#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

3 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

I never said Back-loaded. And the WW opening will be around 350+ rather than 450,  i'm thinking around 380-390M

350M is too low IMO, this pretty much opens at the same time in every market.

170+250M is the lowest

Edited by Olive
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

No offencee, but you seriously are low balling the BvS multipliers. DOM or WW

13 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

So if MOS barely has 2x multiplier this will also have that?  NO. 

Um, Olive has a point. BvS is a highly anticipated movie plus holidays (in most territories) will severely deflate the multiplier. Do you really think that once the holidays are over, people will flock to see a superhero film (either again or new)? Unless if this movie is really well received, I can see people going back to Zootopia after the rush is done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

I know that it opens on almost every market except poland. I'd be more than happy of it opens with 450. And what's you DOM prediction for this? 

380-420

17 minutes ago, Bluebomb said:

Um, Olive has a point. BvS is a highly anticipated movie plus holidays (in most territories) will severely deflate the multiplier. Do you really think that once the holidays are over, people will flock to see a superhero film (either again or new)? Unless if this movie is really well received, I can see people going back to Zootopia after the rush is done.

After the rush is done they don't necessarily go back to Zoo and not everyone will see BvS in the First weekend right.
I dont know maybe 400-420 seems fine 450 is a bit much,that's what i think.

Edited by Ash Skywalker

If the reviews and WOM are as good as what I am seeing on Twitter, how Gal Gadot is amazing as Wonder Woman and how Ben Afflect IS Batman(especially after the incredible portrayal by Bale in Nolan's TDK trilogy), the potential will really be limitedless. 

The issue is that in many Asian countries, it only benefits from Easter Weekend, and then in 2/3 weeks time Jungle Book is here to steal the showtimes/biggest screens and Disney is an incredibly good distributor in terms of securing screens.....

I just hope that WW gross beats Civil War. Tough... but hopeful.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

If the reviews and WOM are as good as what I am seeing on Twitter, how Gal Gadot is amazing as Wonder Woman and how Ben Afflect IS Batman(especially after the incredible portrayal by Bale in Nolan's TDK trilogy), the potential will really be limitedless. 

The issue is that in many Asian countries, it only benefits from Easter Weekend, and then in 2/3 weeks time Jungle Book is here to steal the showtimes/biggest screens and Disney is an incredibly good distributor in terms of securing screens.....

I just hope that WW gross beats Civil War. Tough... but hopeful.

I agree with the WOM and the Batman potential.
After 3 weeks. And 3 Weeks run is enough to gross 1 billion

Edited by Ash Skywalker

25 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

After the rush is done they don't necessarily go back to Zoo and not everyone will see BvS in the First weekend right.
I dont know maybe 400-420 seems fine 450 is a bit much,that's what i think.

That's not my point.

I believe you're severely underestimating the holidays + huge anticipation. Superhero movies aren't known as being leggy films. They have higher opening weekends and weaker holds especially in Asia. Easter holidays only exacerbate BvS's multiplier with a higher opening weekend and weaker holds. That's not to say that BvS can't pull off a stronger multiplier but the conditions aren't ripe for it. Holidays on opening weekend, superhero film, highly praised original animated film, mixed word of mouth from Man of Steel, all of those reasons are a strike against BvS being able to deliver a respectable multiplier.

Edited by Bluebomb

3 minutes ago, Bluebomb said:

That's not my point.

I believe you're severely underestimating the holidays + huge anticipation. Superhero movies aren't known as being leggy films. They have higher opening weekends and weaker holds especially in Asia. Easter holidays only exacerbate BvS's multiplier with a higher opening weekend and weaker holds. That's not to say that BvS can't pull off a stronger multiplier but the conditions aren't ripe for it. Holidays on opening weekend, superhero film, highly praised original animated film, all of those reasons are a strike against BvS being able to deliver a respectable multiplier.

Holidays? Yeah maybe. Huge anticipation, no. It's not that i don't get your point, i'm on "It will have a respectable multiplier side"  that's it :) 

A multiplier of 2.5x would be reasonable assumption given it opens everywhere this weekend and Civil War will cut off any late legs. If it opens to less than 400m than I think a billion will be touch and go.

430m WW opening = 1075m finish

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eXtacy said:

A multiplier of 2.5x would be reasonable assumption given it opens everywhere this weekend and Civil War will cut off any late legs. If it opens to less than 400m than I think a billion will be touch and go.

Furious 7 global gross is the number to beat.

7 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Civil war is 6 weeks away that's not late legs, and this is not really a sequel its new introduction of batman it could have TDK trilogy level multipliers MOS was diffrent, a billion is easy ad will happen

20 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Civil war is 6 weeks away that's not late legs, and this is not really a sequel its new introduction of batman it could have TDK trilogy level multipliers MOS was diffrent, a billion is easy ad will happen

Its the fourth batman film in a decade. Batman Begins was 2006 and Dark Knight was 2008. Films are way more front-loaded now especially comic book/blockbusters. Add in the fact how well received that trilogy was do you legitimately think this will have multipliers even close to them? Best case scenario is a multiplier of the Dark Knight Rises.

I don't know how the terrorist attacks in Brussels right now will influence the level of attendance in here as well as in the neighboorhing countries but everything in Brussels and in many belgian cities are closed, from theaters to schools to subways, busses, tramways.

Also, one of my sister who lives in London told me that there have been an influx of policemen all over the place.  Same in Amsterdam, Paris, Lilles, ect.

It should have been the last time of the year for young people to have a good time before exams and during the Easter hollidays, to go to theaters, have a good time and now the mood has changed.

I don't know how much it will impact the BO of new releases.

It seems overseas multipliers are better than domestic despite having Wed-Sun debuts instead of Domestic Thurs-Sun.  If you leave out China:

Furious 7 did 250 Wed-Sun and finished with 704 from those markets = 2.81X

JW did 217 and finished with 715 from those markets = 3.29X

If BvS can hit an OS multiplier of 2.6 that would turn a $200m opening (no china) into 520.  Plus China is 620-650