#ED

Wknd Est: F7 - 29M, PB:MC2 - 24M, UF - 16M | China: F7 - 93.3M Wknd

That may be the first scheduling move that was 100% made keeping China in mind as opposed to what it could make domestically. Changing box office landscape and all that.

I bet every market that doesn't have school holidays around that date will keep it in March for the Easter holidays.

Avatar 2 is going to be insane in China given what the first one did there and the expansion of the market since. Like I could seriously see 600m from China alone. Or even the first film's DOM gross from China.

Edited by MovieMan89

The fun paradox of China is the grosses are huge but Hollywood get very little back from them, 25% being the consensus though I am sure it varies between studios and specific contracts.

That s exactly what is happening you are right.

I'd guess that the bigger the China market gets, the more percentage studios will demand off them.

Rightly so as well.

Avatar 2 is going to be insane in China given what the first one did there and the expansion of the market since. Like I could seriously see 600m from China alone.

And Cameron has signed specific deals with the chinese for the Avatar sequels.

No body is talking about it after the new teaser, while BvS was really hot on social media.

Star Wars really has a small fanbase in China, I say EP7 will be modest hit at best, sequels have big potential though. 

do you live in China?

My quest to finally see a movie in a completely empty theater may come true today- based on that Child 44 number, I might be the only person in America to go see it. Gotta support the Hardy, people!