grim22

Storks | 9/23/2016 | WB Animation. Lord and Miller producing. New trailer page 2. Andy Samberg, Kelsey Grammer and Jennifer Aniston in voice cast.

On 12/18/2015, 4:30:10, BK007 said:

Also the stork looks like a seagull. 

Don't be that guy.

On 12/18/2015, 10:53:55, goldenstate5 said:

interesting that one of the TWO characters featured was a woman yet the voices listed (which included Grammer) were all male... um ok?

Don't be that guy either.

On 12/19/2015, 9:47:30, jandrew said:

Don't be that guy either.

Not making a stand here, protesting the movie out of this or anything but it just stood out to me as weird. Usually when you roll out a cast list at the end of your teaser, it should match up with what you just saw. 

And I can't believe I just spent those five minutes doing research, but the female character featured is a main character, but is "TBD" on casting. Most likely a case of a VA dropping out and a recasting in progress, no big deal.

Got the teaser at Kung Fu Panda 3. I think this looks really good; like the style of animation seems much more slapsticky and fun than most movies. Like a Saturday morning cartoon in a good way. Hopefully that girl is the lead though; thought it was odd no name was listed.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2016/film/festivals/annecy-warner-animation-group-smallfoot-1201795420/

That distinctive voice, a “Looney Tunes” zaniness, came through very strongly in Lewis’ “Storks” presentation. The seven clips took in a scene setter at a stork factory which once delivered babies, but now handles packages Amazon-style, where the film’s stork hero, Junior, voiced by Andy Samberg, has just won promotion. Two more sequences feature the Gardener family, parents workaholics, their only son pining for a baby sibling.

Another has Junior and Tulip, a girl orphan at the factory, crashing their plane in a snowfield with a baby on board which they’re attempting to deliver to the Gardeners, Junior and Tulip working up a “Romancing the Stone” rapport. A pack of wolves capture Junior and Tulip and the baby, but its alpha males go so gooey-eyed over the baby, especially when she smiles, allowing the trio to escape.

In maybe the most inspired of the sequences shown at Annecy, which had the audience near to hysterics, Junior and Tulip encounter a evil band of penguins with black eyes who have kidnapped the baby. Since neither side wants to wake the baby up, however, their fight is conducting in total, if pained, silence.    “Storks” attempted to introduce more improvisation into its animation process, Lewis said.

“As an art form, we are not spontaneous. Animation is all about iteration,” he observed. “Typically animation progresses via script pages, story telling, then editorial.” But not on “Storks,” Lewis explained, where Stoller-led recording sessions –  sometimes there hours long with actors working on the development of the character or a scene – would further develop narrative.

For Lewis, Sweetland’s “crazy animation style is a Warner Bros. style, there’s the history of “Looney Tunes,” we like it crazy, we like fun.”

He added: “In CG animation, there’s an over-reliance on simulation, there’s less of a reliance on how a shot serves a story.” Some shots in “Storks” are not perfectly composed but make a dramatic or comedic point. Lighting in “Storks” plays up effects, as in a camp fire scene in the snow, which emphasised shadows and the moonlit sky. “We wanted a certain cinema verité,” Lewis observed.

On “Storks,” Warner Bros. partnering for the production with Sony’s animation studio in Vancouver. Warner Bros. is also in development on two more original animated features, one with Paul King (“Paddington”), and another with Stoller, deFaria said.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2016 at 9:26 AM, newbie BO buff said:

Anybody know the budget on this one?

Probably around 60-70m, just like The Lego Movie. WB, just like Blue Skies and Illumination doesn't spend 100m+ on their animations. And because of that I see no way that this doesn't make at least a bit of profit.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 1:49 PM, Jonwo said:

Very good trailer. Probably won't be as big as The Lego Movie but I suspect it'll gross $80-100m domestically. I do think WB should move it away from The Magnificent Seven though

The Magnificent Seven is not going to do well because it's Sony plus it's PG-13...a massive red flag. Storks will beat it at number one