kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Eh, not so fast. I guarantee you that most BOT posters knew that Robin Hood was a flop idea and wouldn't greenlight it, but the studio did. In fact, fans are many times better at sniffing out bombs right from the announcement. Heck, SW fans were saying "who the fuck wants a Han Solo movie?" when it was just one of several rumors floating. But the studio went forward and bombed. So no need to underestimate the wisdom of fans and overestimate the wisdom of CEO's. 

But bot would have not made meg, ready player one, a greatest showman, venom and many other films. It's all about where we look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Eh, not so fast. I guarantee you that most BOT posters knew that Robin Hood was a flop idea and wouldn't greenlight it, but the studio did. In fact, fans are many times better at sniffing out bombs right from the announcement. Heck, SW fans were saying "who the fuck wants a Han Solo movie?" when it was just one of several rumors floating. But the studio went forward and bombed. So no need to underestimate the wisdom of fans and overestimate the wisdom of CEO's. 

That quite a bit of a biased sample size, I am sure many said the same of "who asked a Jumanji remake ?" and thought a Scott Pilgrim movie was a fantastic idea.

The person on BOT can have an idea of when it would be better for the movie to be released, and I imagine teh studio does not know without knowing what deal the studio would have had to make to get screen at that better date and the better date in different world markets would be rare for a lambda person.

Robin Hood was maybe a likely flop, but the studio sold the international market for around 65% of is budget and probably go investor to finance half of the rest and good tax credit (Hungary and Croatia have good tax credits), if the complete package and all the facts would have been read by the BOT posters, I bet many would have said yeah go for it, that is really low risk.