kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i pity anyone who knows futurist irl... they've probably had to hear twenty rants this week about how annoyed he is that... people like a spider-man cartoon.

Wait a minute I thought that dude was a bot? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Jessie said:

if everyone thought the animation looks amazing then 100m OW would be all but assured. When it doesn't we can assume my opinion was shared by many. Don't assume that my doubts mean I hate a movie, it's just a movie lol

Haha yes claiming mist children haven't seen a 40 year old musical and doubting a 400m total is also a sign of hatred 

good riddance, can't learn anything if you can't accept different takes

oh btw I'm a guy

Agreed, always better when it's mutual. Cheers

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think if Spider-Verse bags both the Golden Globe and the Annie then the Academy voters may pay attention. 

It probably won't nag both either considering Disney films have won them almost all the time. Disney has monopoly power over the animated awards. Annies are also just a Disney advertisement. 

Saw it tonight and really REALLY loved it. I wouldn't be surprised if this film becomes some people's favorite Spidey movie to date, it's that good. It has the laughs and some very good emotional moments. A very balanced movie. It's got heart! My screening LOVED it and the applause was huge. I hope it does really well at the box office because it definately deserves it. I'm planning on seeing this again when it gets officially released.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cookieleeann said:

Saw it tonight and really REALLY loved it. I wouldn't be surprised if this film becomes some people's favorite Spidey movie to date, it's that good. It has the laughs and some very good emotional moments. A very balanced movie. It's got heart! My screening LOVED it and the applause was huge. I hope it does really well at the box office because it definately deserves it. I'm planning on seeing this again when it gets officially released.

Ugh these damn reviews are making me want to see it so badly. Can’t wait

I'm gonna be so sad that this will probably do less than half of Venom's numbers (and I enjoyed Venom). I gotta agree that it's possibly the best Spider-Man movie. Certainly the best one since Spider-Man 2. They really captured the essence of what it means to be Spider-Man with all the fun and pain that it entails. Despite all the characters it is definitely Miles Morales' movie and it does a superb job of showing his hero's journey without it feeling like a retread of Peter Parker's. 

Please at least get nominated for Best Animated Feature (cause it ain't gonna win cause it's not Disney).

Spoiler

The Stan Lee cameo was extra special and they did a nice tribute at the end too.

• Like 1

I think with the stellar reception it has as of now, hope no one comes and remarks with an overly pessimistic statement like ”Oh, this SM-film is gonna underperform because it’s animated and not live action like all the others”.

Just because this one is different from the other films style-wise, doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bad thing for the box office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm gonna be so sad that this will probably do less than half of Venom's numbers (and I enjoyed Venom). I gotta agree that it's possibly the best Spider-Man movie. Certainly the best one since Spider-Man 2. They really captured the essence of what it means to be Spider-Man with all the fun and pain that it entails. Despite all the characters it is definitely Miles Morales' movie and it does a superb job of showing his hero's journey without it feeling like a retread of Peter Parker's. 

Please at least get nominated for Best Animated Feature (cause it ain't gonna win cause it's not Disney).

Reveal hidden contents

Half of venoms numbers would be a tremendous success for this movie. LEGO Batman only made 311M worldwide

Edited by YLF

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

It's gonna make Venom numbers dom with lower opening but longer legs. OS should get it to 300M at least so 500M WW minimum. On 90M budget, that's a big success. 

OS sure as hell isn't going to be 300 mil. Spiderman is big but that completely changes when it comes to animation. The movie is going to have the same DOM-OS split as The Lego Batman, so lower OS than DOM. And this is considering the fact that Batman is also almost as big overseas. Plus, this animation style is a sure guarantee the movie won't be that appealing overseas. Also, Europe is going to have Mary Poppins while Asia is going to have Aquaman and Bumblebee. Don't see any room for Spider-man there.

The statistic is that if the film doesn't have the same animation style as a Pixar film (so Dreamworks, Disney animation, Illumination, Blue Sky, and other Sony animated films like Hotel Transylvania fit this bill), you won't cross 500 mil worldwide. Only one has come close recently and that was The Lego Movie which released on a relatively empty February. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

OS sure as hell isn't going to be 300 mil. Spiderman is big but that completely changes when it comes to animation. The movie is going to have the same DOM-OS split as The Lego Batman, so lower OS than DOM. And this is considering the fact that Batman is also almost as big overseas. Plus, this animation style is a sure guarantee the movie won't be that appealing overseas. Also, Europe is going to have Mary Poppins while Asia is going to have Aquaman and Bumblebee. Don't see any room for Spider-man there.

The statistic is that if the film doesn't have the same animation style as a Pixar film (so Dreamworks, Disney animation, Illumination, Blue Sky, and other Sony animated films like Hotel Transylvania fit this bill), you won't cross 500 mil worldwide. Only one has come close recently and that was The Lego Movie which released on a relatively empty February. 

Oh yes it sure as hell will.  And the reason why is in your post about why it won't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1