kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Hate to be a harbinger of doom, but this isn’t looking too hot right now in the UK. Today and tomorrow’s previews have barely any presales around me. Hopefully it picks up with walk ups.

checked the showtime i was planning to go to tomorrow. in the cinema's biggest screen. three tickets sold. it's real.

• Sad 1

Hope this is a success.Would 100% rather this than Venomverse. Ironically now I really want DC to do some stuff like this.Multiverse on big screen.

At least spider has been having a great year

Good/ great comics, great game, great movie, venom(which was wildly successful), the comic venom is great too.Plus possibly getting the trailer for far form home.

This made me feel like when I was a kid watching the original Spider-Man movie. Imaginative, funny, but most importantly sincere. An absolute feast for the eyes. Had one problem but I’m not sure if it’s fixable. Still, I’m certain I’ll see this quite a few more times so I feel comfortable not rating it or going in-depth now, but yes, this is very, very impressive.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Blankments said:

This made me feel like when I was a kid watching the original Spider-Man movie. Imaginative, funny, but most importantly sincere. An absolute feast for the eyes. Had one problem but I’m not sure if it’s fixable. Still, I’m certain I’ll see this quite a few more times so I feel comfortable not rating it or going in-depth now, but yes, this is very, very impressive.

Is it better than some other Lord/Miller work? (I know they only produced and Phil Lord wrote this though.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is it better than some other Lord/Miller work? (I know they only produced and Phil Lord wrote this though.)

i'm legitimately not grading it now but on first glance, I definitely still find LEGO Movie their best but I do think the film is notably improved by them not directing since if they have a weak point, it's how they shoot/animate action and the action in this is very good

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

The first negative review on Rotten Tomatoes just came in. It had to happen sooner or later. Let’s just hope people don’t overreact like what happened with Black Panther. 

Armond's at it again isn't he?

41 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The first negative review on Rotten Tomatoes just came in. It had to happen sooner or later. Let’s just hope people don’t overreact like what happened with Black Panther. 

The reviewers complaint about the animation is hilarious, this is one of the most gorgeous films I’ve seen in a long time so I couldn’t disagree more. The “blurriness” that he complains about is intentional, and is meant to represent the depth of field effect. It’s noticeable in some scenes more than others, but it’s never distracting or offputting.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

To those who've seen it, is it like good good, or just 'good because it felt like a comic book good'. Like, how is the story, the characters, the humor etc.

It’s good for that reason, and also because the story features more imagination than the 6 live action Spider-Man movies combined (and I say that having enjoyed those films...okay, maybe not SM3 or TASM2). The characters are all excellent too, particularly Miles and his dad. There’s some really heartfelt and emotional moments.

I genuinely can’t recommend it enough.

• Like 1

I saw it today and it's SPA's best film ever and tied with Spider-Man 2 as the best Spider-Man film, the animation is stunning, I think CGI animated films have been a bit complacent but this pushes the medium to its limits and I hope we see more CGI animated film like this. The story is very solid although it's quite mature compared to SPA's previous films. I would like to see a sequel because there's oodles of stories that can be told.

Edited by Jonwo