kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

I actually have no opinion on this. On one hand, yay L&M and animated Spidey, on the other, kind of overkill as the live-action Spidey will also be of the same tone, going by Feige's comments. Why couldn't Sony just hire L&M for the live action reboot? Talk about tunnel vision post Lego.

Edited by Spidey Freak

This could easily be the Clone Wars all over again...which proved that no matter how well made or how popular a brand, if the public could not give a rat's patootie then it will still bomb.

This will need a pull. I think a properly done Venom/Carnage epic would lend itself well to the animated format. Still...I don't see this doing big bucks. With Lord/Miller in charge, it could very well be a comedy...in which case it will surely implode, since if they think a spoof of Batman worked well in Lego Movie it will work well for Spider-Man, they are missing the point altogether.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

This could easily be the Clone Wars all over again...which proved that no matter how well made or how popular a brand, if the public could not give a rat's patootie then it will still bomb.

This will need a pull. I think a properly done Venom/Carnage epic would lend itself well to the animated format. Still...I don't see this doing big bucks. With Lord/Miller in charge, it could very well be a comedy...in which case it will surely implode, since if they think a spoof of Batman worked well in Lego Movie it will work well for Spider-Man, they are missing the point altogether.

Look at the Russo Bros. IW and CW will not be comedies.

Edited by Neo

So folks will watch the Sony-Marvel Spiderman and then also be interested in watching a different animated spiderman in parallel? Won't one satiate the audience? Or maby they are hoping to target kids and families with the animated version, and teens and adults with the Marvel one.