kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

8 hours ago, Morieris said:

Is Little Girl Spiderman an actual thing? Or just for the movie? 

Just to follow up on this, about 3-5 years ago, Marvel had a big "Spider-Verse" event where they established that some interdimensional villains were hunting Spider-Poeple from all over the multiverses. Some of the various Spiders already existed, like Miles, Peter Porker, Spidey Noir, etc (+a billion more), but many new Spider characters were created just for this event.

Peni and Spider-Gwen were two of the many new creations that popped up during and around the Spider-verse event. And certainly 2 of the more popular ones. Gwen was so popular that she got her own book. (Actually, I suspect Spider-Gwen was always coming, and they just timed the SpiderVerse event to go along with her launch.)

Suffice it to say, there are many, many, many more Spider-versions that they could use should they ever want to do a sequel to this movie. Though I suspect we'll actually see quite a few of them in cameos in this movie.

29 minutes ago, cookie said:

And is the kid in the chair supposed to be Ned?

Not sure, could also be Ganke Lee, one of Miles' friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

tumblr_pfz7wh3Acn1xpdwtoo1_540.gif

Reminds of the podcast where someone that worked on Logan said Marvel stopped Fox from using their logo on their fake comics.

It seems they only did it just to be dicks.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, AJG said:

Reminds of the podcast where someone that worked on Logan said Marvel stopped Fox from using their logo on their fake comics.

It seems they only did it just to be dicks.

There is bad blood between Fox and Disney dating from when Rupert Murdoch attempted a hostile takeover of Disney right after Eisner quit. Iger has never forgotten that. And getting Murdoch out of the movie business must be sweet to Iger.

There is not similar bad feelings between Disney and Sony, which is why Marvel let Sony do this.

The bit reminds me of that bit in "Superman"The Animated Series" when somebody gives Supergirl/Kara a comic book to read on a bus trip she is  taking to Metropolis to see "cousin Clark" and we never see the comic but hear her say "Someone with the powers of a Spider? YEEECH!"

40 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Give them Booster Gold

Yes.Yes.Yes.

I think Lord and Miller are talented, but they need material that is a good fit .Booster Gold would be perfect for them. And the fun they could have with cameos by other DC Superheros.......

I really think that Solo was not a good fit for them.

• Like 1

You know, I wanna like this movie...Spidey (as both Peter and Myles) is one of my favorite characters...but I saw the extended scene at the end of Venom today...and I hated it.  It looks like a cross between a video game movie and a epileptic seizure causing mess...I was getting a headache watching just 5 minutes of the screen, and I found it almost ugly.  This pains me, but I couldn't get past the look to get into any of the "story."  I wish they'd have chosen any other animation style b/c this one is just not working for me...

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 4:48 PM, The Futurist said:

The over praisng of CGI animated films is one of the most peculiar apsect of today s cinephalia.

remember a couple days ago when you were going on about ppl being condescending about other people's passions lol

• Like 4

If this actually ends up being GREAT, Christmas is damn stacked. Sooooo many films with 100-200M+ potential its crazy. Even if you "share the wealth" and distribute the 620M from Last Jedi last year over to multiple films this year, its gonna be like Hungry Hungry Hippos during those 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

If this actually ends up being GREAT, Christmas is damn stacked. Sooooo many films with 100-200M+ potential its crazy. Even if you "share the wealth" and distribute the 620M from Last Jedi last year over to multiple films this year, its gonna be like Hungry Hungry Hippos during those 3 weeks. 

Don’t forget to add in the 400+ mil from jumanji