kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

On 10/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, Barnack said:

Do you really do not know what pixel and resolution are ?

You were probably looking for a cell-shaded look and not pixelization.

Your impression will probably be common among the general audience, is any computer style animated movie that didn't follow the early dreamwork/pixar style ever did well at the box office ?

Not talking about the cell shading aspect, that, I like a lot, the image is just not clean they went for a weird pixelization (but I know it s not the right word) that I dond't see on the Youtube trailers.

I think they tried to make it look like an old printed comic where you saw the low resolution of the printing ?

It looks weird AF.

Edited by The Futurist

44 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

that I dond't see on the Youtube trailers.

I have not seen anything else than the youtube/theater trailer, so we are probably not talking about the same thing.

That the issue with saying "this" is looking atrocious, I thought you were talking about what the movie looked like (when looking at the hd official trailer on youtube), what were you talking about ? Some twitter videos ? Those are usually very low quality yes.

55 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not talking about the cell shading aspect, that, I like a lot, the image is just not clean they went for a weird pixelization (but I know it s not the right word) that I dond't see on the Youtube trailers.

I think they tried to make it look like an old printed comic where you saw the low resolution of the printing ?

It looks weird AF.

It's an attempt to translate the 4-color offset printing of comic books onto the big screen. All the little dots you see in old comic books (and replicated in the Spider-Verse movie) are attempts to create different colors by mixing various amounts of cyan, magenta, and yellow. And yeah, like the old comic books, they also try to replicate the printing imperfections by not having the colors always line up with the black linework. Which is why you see the improperly aligned lines in some shots.

It's a little odd looking, but I love it.

I suspect what also may be bothering your eyes more is the actual composition of the shots. Some of the action portrayed in that scene moves at extremely fast pace, and they were able to use the nature of the animation to move the camera angles at extremely unnatural speeds that could be a bit disorienting. Some of it may wind up looking like fake cgi, but of course, it's all animated and it's all computer.

The color palette was also a bit bold in a few shots. In most of them it looked okay, but it really stood out in some. Certainly not your standard Pixar color shading.

This is definitely going to be one of the most unique-looking animated movies of all time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Budget figure I am seeing at most sites is around 70 Millin dollars, so this could well be a real profitable film for Sony. At least they had the brains to keep the budget in line for this film.has they spent what Pixar spends on it's animated films they might be in troujble

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Budget figure I am seeing at most sites is around 70 Millin dollars, so this could well be a real profitable film for Sony. At least they had the brains to keep the budget in line for this film.has they spent what Pixar spends on it's animated films they might be in troujble

It's got a large toyline already in stores.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

May even be less than that, since Sony Imageworks outsourced to Canada, the films have been cheaper. Smurfs 3 and Emoji were $50M.

• Like 1

Boxoffice has this predicted to make $90m. That seems low to me, but this films BO potential has been really tricky for me to predict. the movie looks really good to me, but the Animation style could keep this from breaking out. I personally think it could with $160-$180m. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

The song is #4 on Spotify and #3 on iTunes (+ doing kinda good on Youtube). I think people are severely underestimating the song potential and how it could bring the movie awareness to another level.

It'll likely stay within the Top5 through all the holidays, if not #1.

• Like 1

Hey, I saw the trailer for this (before First Man??!!), and OMG how ugly the animation is...???!!!

Hope this crashes and burns so bad they finally stop trying to feed us garbage, as with Clone Wars, Lego Movie and countless others big-budget-garbage-quality SCAMS!!! 🤬🤬😡

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, shayhiri said:

Hey, I saw the trailer for this (before First Man??!!), and OMG how ugly the animation is...???!!!

Hope this crashes and burns so bad they finally stop trying to feed us garbage, as with Clone Wars, Lego Movie and countless others big-budget-garbage-quality SCAMS!!! 🤬🤬😡

I never though I would say anything good about Armond White, but he does the whole contrarian shtick a lot better then you do.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Kalo said:

Boxoffice has this predicted to make $90m. That seems low to me, but this films BO potential has been really tricky for me to predict. the movie looks really good to me, but the Animation style could keep this from breaking out. I personally think it could with $160-$180m. 

Biggest problem the film has is the massive competition that going to hit it the week after it opens. ""Aquaman" "Bumblebee" and "Mary Poppins Returns" are all going to hurt it , MPR and Aquaman bigtime probably. I think this has a lot to do with the 90 Million figure. That seems a bit too low,but I predict around 125 Million. Just think the brutal competition will keep it from going much higher.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, Welfin said:

The Spider-Man brand is too strong for 90m. Homecoming was huge. Venom is a hit. The PS4 game broke records. 90m is laughable. This will outgross Mary Poppins and Bumblebee. 

90 Milion is too low, but outgrossing MPR, which is shaping up to be the big hit of the Holiday season, is very questionable to say the least.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I never though I would say anything good about Armond White, but he does the whole contrarian shtick a lot better then you do.

Yeah, cause he's a fake ass bitch, duh.

While the Shay genuinely LOATHES half of what mainstream Murica fancies, sorry dude.