kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

Sony’s other Contenders offering, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, is a refreshing incarnation of the Spider-Man story, in that not only does it feature hand-drawn animation, but it focuses on the 13 year-old Miles Morales, an African-American/Puerto Rican character inspired in part by Barack Obama and Donald Glover. It also features more than one Spider-Person, since anyone can wear this superhero mask, representing the possibility of being whomever you choose to be.

“This is a story that’s been told a few times before,” co-writer and producerPhil Lord said. “And what’s so neat about being able to tell this story is these guys are all from different universes, and this is the first time that get to meet. They come from all different backgrounds, and different time periods, but they all resonate with each other.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

Has there been any test screening or advance screening buzz on this movie yet?

As far as I know everyone who's heard something says it's great. never heard a negative thing. I can't remember who it was but that person/twitter account said never met someone who didn't love it. 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Sony should have moved this to Feb. Poppins is gonna dominate December

LEGO and Dragon are both that month. Granted I don't expect huge things from either, but 3 major animation studio releases in February seems really excessive and ripe for cannibalization for all of them. That said, MLK weekend would be a great spot for it. I'm worried too that this might get lost in MPR's shadow.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

LEGO and Dragon are both that month. Granted I don't expect huge things from either, but 3 major animation studio releases in February seems really excessive and ripe for cannibalization for all of them. That said, MLK weekend would be a great spot for it. I'm worried too that this might get lost in MPR's shadow.

I think Marvel and Sony didn't want two Spider-Man films in the same year. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don't harsh @YourMother the Edgelord's mellow.

• Like 1