kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

For some reason the trailers still aren't clicking for me. From them alone, I think the movie looks pretty dull, weird, and sometimes the jokes REALLY don't land and seem stupid. Thought I was the only one too, but people who are with me when I see movies always comment at the end "that looks bad". 

Pleasantly surprised at these reactions though. Maybe I just haven't caught on, or maybe the movie really is way better than the trailers make it out to be. Because as it stand from them, I'd skip this in theatres and watch Mortal Engines/Mule instead. 

After what I’ve been seeing on Twitter the last few weeks this sounds about right for what reviews would be. It should probably be over 90 on RT

I’m gonna see it opening weekend with my younger son but the animation style is not working for me when I see it in theatres in previews but I hope the full movie makes it easier on my eyes. 

40 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m gonna see it opening weekend with my younger son but the animation style is not working for me when I see it in theatres in previews but I hope the full movie makes it easier on my eyes. 

And this is why I think the movie is not going to break out like some people are expecting it to. I loved the animation style personally but I know that the majority of the public will not like it for the same reason and also because it looks too old-school/comic-book like. I don't see it making past 200 mil and think it will end up with around The Lego Batman's box office(should be a bit higher worldwide though).

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And this is why I think the movie is not going to break out like some people are expecting it to. I loved the animation style personally but I know that the majority of the public will not like it for the same reason and also because it looks too old-school/comic-book like. I don't see it making past 200 mil and think it will end up with around The Lego Batman's box office(should be a bit higher worldwide though).

I think it’s going to do more then fine tbh. They know they have a great movie on their hands and that’s why they announced spinoffs and sequels already, and as long as the budgets are kept in check and they keep making quality movies they’ll make more then enough money to keep making more. 

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Universal praise always makes think about this :

Sheep.jpg

I remember the MoS reactions. 

actually the funniest was Interstellar when every reaction claimed it was basically poetry, had some of the most pretentious praise I'd ever seen then mixed reviews followed. though saying that I absolitely loved Interstellar then again sci fi is my favourite genre