kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Spider-Verse does prove that you take a different stance from the cookie cutter animation style and I hope this encourages other studios to adopt different styles.

Hopefully kids are into it and it's not completely fanboy driven. The style is superb. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Hopefully kids are into it and it's not completely fanboy driven. The style is superb. 

I think given how far CGI has come, it's a shame more styles aren't being used, I'm still hoping Disney uses the technology they developed for Paperman and Feast for a full length animated feature. 

• Like 2

My boy is going to go crazy over this movie similar to The Incredibles. He's a HUGE Spider-man fan already, keeps making me show him the trailer over and over and really likes that he shares the same name of the main character.  I took the 14th off so we can go to the theater to see during the day. 

Edited by AJ2k
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Spider-Verse does prove that you take a different stance from the cookie cutter animation style and I hope this encourages other studios to adopt different styles.

They’ll probably wait for the box office results, as well as these positive reviews. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is insane. My hype is off the charts right now. But can it be better than Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 aka the best translation of Spider-Man as a character for a different medium of all time? 

I’m playing through that just now! It’s very basic gameplay and a bit repetitive but beautiful. 

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

If Bumblebee garners solid reception too, then the potential "big 4" of this Christmas season will all have solid critical clout to back them up. Last year had TLJ and Jumanji, but Greatest Showman and Pitch Perfect were critical whiffs.

Yet Greatest Showman became the real long term phenomenon, still in cinemas here in the UK, 48 weeks later. Still top 5 in the charts and had the best DOM multiplier of the bunch!

It was bound to happen. Some of the hardcore DCEU brigade is trying to discredit Spider-Verse's rave reviews. 

Yolanda's response is savage. Here's the thing, we can be excited for BOTH films. I'm jealous of those that will be able to watch the two films in the same week, let alone the same weekend or day. Spider-Verse is only getting here by January 2019, and I'm extremely excited for both films. This will be amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m playing through that just now! It’s very basic gameplay and a bit repetitive but beautiful. 

It's currently my GOTY, and I don't find it repetitive at all. Compared with the other GOTY contenders (RDRII, GoW) it's the best action adventure game of the bunch for my tastes. RDRII is insanely beautiful, but boring as hell. God of War is brilliant, but I have yet to finish it. Spider-Man is literally my favorite take on the character of all time outside comics. It does justice to the mythos of both Peter and Miles in ways that are unprecedented, and I'd argue that right now it's the best take on Miles in literally anything, including the comics. 

This review is amazing and hillarious for those that don't know what we are talking about:

From Ehrlich's review:

Filmmakers may never recapture the magic of Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man 2,” but with “Into the Spider-Verse” it seems a few of them have finally realized that they don’t have to keep trying.

GOD YES YES YES

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Spider-Man, along with Tetris Effect and Smash Ultimate, is my favorite game this year

Jury is still out for me when it comes to GoW, Tetris Effect and Smash, but I will dispute with anyone the fact that RDRII is a better game than Spider-Man. Yes, RDRII is easily the best looking and best detailed game of all time so far, but that's not really what makes an excellent game. The gameplay in RDRII is atrocious and repetitive, as a shooter it completely doesn't work, the auto-aim doesn't make you feel like a "cowboy" and without it, the game as a shooter doesn't really work. It's the best technical achievement, but I'd take Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Shadow of the Tomb Raider over RDRII any day of the week. 

• Like 1