kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

30 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why wouldn't it?

Because, IMO, I don't feel like it will appeal to general audiences enough for them to go out and see it. Especially with the movies releasing after it.

I think it will probably open around $25-30 mil, and finish around $120-130 mil. Good, but not great.

35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why wouldn't it?

When was the last animated movie made without the very very classic 90s Dreamworks/Pixars style made popular made a big box office ?

It will happen one day, pretty certain, but if I am not forgetting something it has yet to happen.

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

It was bound to happen. Some of the hardcore DCEU brigade is trying to discredit Spider-Verse's rave reviews. 

Yolanda's response is savage. Here's the thing, we can be excited for BOTH films. I'm jealous of those that will be able to watch the two films in the same week, let alone the same weekend or day. Spider-Verse is only getting here by January 2019, and I'm extremely excited for both films. This will be amazing. 

Lmao why are you always like this.

• Like 1

I can see a scenario where Spider-Verse, Aquaman, Poppins and Bumblebee all breakout due to the lack of mega blockbusters since June. Say...

Poppins: $75M (five day)/$450M

Aquaman: $100M/$400M

Spider-Verse: $40M/$160M

Bumblebee: $35M/$150M

But that’s very optimistic 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's a well reviewed family movie featuring one of the world's most popular superheros being released for the holidays. It'll be a hit 

As much as I’d love for this to breakout I’m not to sure, Poppins, Aquaman and Bumblebee will all be tough competition as they compete with Spidey’s main audience not to mention the dividing animation style.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Reviews don't matter when it comes to kids movies. It will do fine but nothing earth shattering.

Yes but no. I doubt films like Lego Movie, Zootopia or even Inside Out would have done as well with rave reviews but I doubt it’ll effect Spidey for the better mainly due to tough competition and people were more likely than not expecting good reviews. IMHO the animation style will be what makes or breaks this box office wise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's a well reviewed family movie featuring one of the world's most popular superheros being released for the holidays. It'll be a hit 

I'm starting to change my tune for this. I'm actually legit starting to believe this will breakout, and breakout hard. We might witness a second subdued "Black Panther" effect for this. Nothing would please me more. If this is the best Spider-Man film like trusted reviewers are saying, it deserves it. 

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Lmao why are you always like this.

Don't kill the messenger. 

Edited by ZattMurdock

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I'm starting to change my tune for this. I'm actually legit starting to believe this will breakout, and breakout hard. We might witness a second subdued "Black Panther" effect for this. Nothing would please me more. If this is the best Spider-Man film like trusted reviewers are saying, it deserves it. 

Don't kill the messenger. 

I don't see why you have to post an intentionally inflammatory tweet which in the long run doesn't matter and then hoist on the DCEU fandom boogeyman. It's just starting shit for the sake of starting shit especially when the tweets don't mention it and the original tweet itself is very hard Woke Twitter speak ((And I say this as very much a leftist)). 

• Like 3

Nothing surprising is happening. Into the Spiderverse was always going to get raves. It's a matter of whether people think animated adaptions of comic book superheroes are worth seeing on the big screen to the same degree the live action versions are. If people see no difference in them I don't see why Spiderverse isn't tracking to do 70-90mil opening weekend. Incredibles is not an adaption so that doesn't count. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't see why you have to post an intentionally inflammatory tweet which in the long run doesn't matter and then hoist on the DCEU fandom boogeyman. It's just starting shit for the sake of starting shit especially when the tweets don't mention it and the original tweet itself is very hard Woke Twitter speak ((And I say this as very much a leftist)). 

It's not really "woke" Twitter speak. It's weaponized "woke" Twitter speak, notice the avatars repeating literally the same thing to her on Twitter. There's a difference. And I'm not trying to "hoist on the DCEU fandom boogeyman", DCEU hardcores get crap on social media for good reason, 

With that said, I don't think DC fans should worry about Spider-Verse, both films will make bank, but I'm legit starting to believe that Spider-Verse might breakout like I didn't expect it before. 

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

It's not really "woke" Twitter speak. It's weaponized "woke" Twitter speak, notice the avatars repeating literally the same thing to her on Twitter. There's a difference. And I'm not trying to "hoist on the DCEU fandom boogeyman", DCEU hardcores get crap on social media for good reason, 

With that said, I don't think DC fans should worry about Spider-Verse, both films will make bank, but I'm legit starting to believe that Spider-Verse might breakout like I didn't expect it before. 

I've seen MAGA MCU fans on twitter it literally doesn't matter my guy.

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

When was the last animated movie made without the very very classic 90s Dreamworks/Pixars style made popular made a big box office ?

It will happen one day, pretty certain, but if I am not forgetting something it has yet to happen.

Not very big box office but lego movie made good money.

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Of course that there are MAGA MCU fans. That doesn't have to do with what I was pointing out tho. 

Because you were saying that was all DCEU fans. It's not that hard to understand. You do this fandom war bullshit constantly.