kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

2 hours ago, jandrew said:

Cool that Miles is finally getting the spotlight but I was hoping this was going to be shelved.

I dont think we need a live action Spidey, Avengers Spidey, and animated Spidey all at the same time.

At least they're doing an alternate or elseworld timeline.

That opens up countless possibilities for the superhero movie genre.

Plus this will be extra cool for all the black and latino boys out there who's never seen a major animated movie with a hero who looks like them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Plus this will be extra cool for all the black and latino boys out there who's never seen a major animated movie with a hero who looks like them.

This is the reason why I see Black Panther and Animated Spider-Man: A Miles Morales Story will breakout ($250M-$300M). As an African American and CBM fan, 2018 is going to be lit.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I know. I just rather them wait until theyre done with the MCU series, or at least when theres a gap. 

I love Spidey more than anyone else on this board (especially considering Ijack went ghost), but it still seems like too much Spidey at once. Hes my favorite character and I dont the brand to get diluted.

We'll see. ASM series didnt hurt the brand as much as people think, so maybe the GA wont be so confused by this.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jandrew said:

I love Spidey more than anyone else on this board (especially considering Ijack went ghost), but it still seems like too much Spidey at once. Hes my favorite character and I dont the brand to get diluted.

Yeah one problem. MCU Spidey just made his debut and given Holland's age, they could get at least 10-15 years' worth movies featuring him. Who's gonna wait until 2035 for this?

Edited by Spidey Freak

21 hours ago, jandrew said:

I know. I just rather them wait until theyre done with the MCU series, or at least when theres a gap. 

We'll see. ASM series didnt hurt the brand as much as people think, so maybe the GA wont be so confused by this.

Yeah, funny, just read a Variety article about Sony Pictures yesterday, and they described ASM2 as a "hit" rather than some of Sony's other stinkers...but ironically Sony considered it not enough of a hit to move forward...both financially and creatively.  I don't think the audience will have a problem with this...plus diverse representation of an "alternate" Spider-Man will give it its own unique notoriety, definitely.  This will be a year and half later, post-Marvel/Sony Homecoming, correct?  And he may appear in IW, but I doubt this will be confusion for the audience on the same level of say...two simultaneous live action James Bonds, for instance (and I don't even know if that was "confusing" at all).   This will operate like the Batman/LEGO films...people obviously understand that they're not tied into any active live-action universe (even though they refer to the iconography of them)...they are their own thing.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah one problem. MCU Spidey just made his debut and given Holland's age, they could get at least 10-15 years' worth movies featuring him. Who's gonna wait until 2035 for this?

Get real, no one said anything about 2035. Live action Miles will more than likely have been long introduced by that time anyway.

Having Homecoming in 2017, IW and this in 2018, and IW2 and Homecoming 2 in 2019 is just stuffed to the max in my opinion. I'd at least let the Avengers storyline play out and let the solo series get more established. 2018 is too soon for me but no one said anything about 2035....

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yeah, funny, just read a Variety article about Sony Pictures yesterday, and they described ASM2 as a "hit" rather than some of Sony's other stinkers...but ironically Sony considered it not enough of a hit to move forward...both financially and creatively.  I don't think the audience will have a problem with this...plus diverse representation of an "alternate" Spider-Man will give it its own unique notoriety, definitely.  This will be a year and half later, post-Marvel/Sony Homecoming, correct?  And he may appear in IW, but I doubt this will be confusion for the audience on the same level of say...two simultaneous live action James Bonds, for instance (and I don't even know if that was "confusing" at all).   This will operate like the Batman/LEGO films...people obviously understand that they're not tied into any active live-action universe (even though they refer to the iconography of them)...they are their own thing.

It's not so much the audience getting confused but more so just too much Spidey at one time. Like I said above, I'd at least rather them the finish out Infinity War first.

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

It's not so much the audience getting confused but more so just too much Spidey at one time. Like I said above, I'd at least rather them the finish out Infinity War first.

Understood.  I get the feeling that this one is more of Sony's doing/insistence and monetizing the brand (rather than Marvel)...we'll see how it all works out.

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Understood.  I get the feeling that this one is more of Sony's doing/insistence and monetizing the brand (rather than Marvel)...we'll see how it all works out.

It's definitely Sony. It's their animation studio. Of all the projects that were in the works: this, Aunt May, Sinister Six, the all female team up, Venom, etc, if any of those were going to be salvaged, I'm glad it was this one. That being said, I'd just like them to be patient with it.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jandrew said:

Get real, no one said anything about 2035. Live action Miles will more than likely have been long introduced by that time anyway.

Having Homecoming in 2017, IW and this in 2018, and IW2 and Homecoming 2 in 2019 is just stuffed to the max in my opinion. I'd at least let the Avengers storyline play out and let the solo series get more established. 2018 is too soon for me but no one said anything about 2035....

Your exact words were "until they're done with the MCU series" in your previous post. 

On 1/20/2017 at 0:29 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Why not? Hugh Jackman as Wolverine has lasted for 17 years, hasn't he? Holland is much younger now than Jackman in 2000.

Yes, but...to play devil's advocate...he's the exception in this genre.  It's not like we've had three different actors play Spidey in fifteen years, right? ... :mellow: 

But yes, Marvel Studios is a whole different ballgame...We'll see...

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Yes, but...to play devil's advocate...he's the exception in this genre.  It's not like we've had three different actors play Spidey in fifteen years, right? ... :mellow: 

But yes, Marvel Studios is a whole different ballgame...We'll see...

Marvel studios is definitely different from the average Sony pic. RDJ has been iron man 9 years and counting 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

SPA seem to bringing out more animated and hybrid films with four next year alone! 

However only 2 (maybe 4) have the potential to do over $200M domestic: The Star and Animated Spider-Man (maybe HT3 and Peter Rabbit). It is also worth noting that Sony only has Spider-Man and Animation as reliable moneymakers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/animated-spider-man-film-finds-miles-morales-993317?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Shamiek Moore (from Dope) is Miles Morales/Spider-Man 

Liev Schrieber (Sabretooth from X-Men Wolverine) is an unknown villain. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1