kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

just got back from it. as someone who's been an obnoxious raimi spider-man fanboy on here a bunch, this is absolutely the best spider-man movie.

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also no spoilers but the post credits scene is one of my favourites ever.

:ohmygod: 

https://deadline.com/2018/12/ralph-breaks-the-internet-the-favourite-emma-stone-rachel-weisz-weekend-box-office-1202516270/

We’ll have three animated features in the top ten next weekend when Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse arrives with a projected opening of $35M+, the first of many event pics to ring in the year-end holiday season. The studio held paid sneaks on Friday night at 7PM and on Saturday at 2PM and we hear there was a terrific audience response with multiple sellouts in various locations.

Edited by CoolEric258

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

with reviews this is getting, it should be nominated for both Best Picture and Best Animated (which it will deservedly win). Alas, not since most pretentious Pixar films (the fat kid one and the robot one) has animation made the Picture line up. Shame. 

Toy Story 3 was the other Pixar film nominated for Best Picture, not Wall-E

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

with reviews this is getting, it should be nominated for both Best Picture and Best Animated (which it will deservedly win). Alas, not since most pretentious Pixar films (the fat kid one and the robot one) has animation made the Picture line up. Shame. 

Its only getting nominated for Animation. 99% won't win animation. And Wall E and UP are way better than Spiderverse. I mean the first 10 minutes of UP and half of Wall E are revolutionary for animated films.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Its only getting nominated for Animation. 99% won't win animation. And Wall E and UP are way better than Spiderverse. I mean the first 10 minutes of UP and half of Wall E are revolutionary for animated films.

Have you seen spiderverse? And how is it 99% not winning? Now, I agree with mr. Fanatic, you are hating on this film for no apparent reason.

16 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Have you seen spiderverse? And how is it 99% not winning? Now, I agree with mr. Fanatic, you are hating on this film for no apparent reason.

Because no non-Disney film has won it since Shrek. Spirited Away did win in 2003 (which doesn't change my point either way) but it was also distributed by Disney in America and the distributors are the ones who campaign for awards. But let's turn this into a fanboy thread lol.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Because no non-Disney film has won it since Shrek. Spirited Away did win in 2003 (which doesn't change my point either way) but it was also distributed by Disney in America and the distributors are the ones who campaign for awards. But let's turn this into a fanboy thread lol.

rango, wallace and gromit, happy feet all won. not disney.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Because every year, those Disney film were the best animated movie of those years. 

But you still haven't answered my questions. You said Wall-e and up are better movies than this, have you seen the movie? Or you will use more ad hominem?

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Because every year, those Disney film were the best animated movie of those years. 

But you still haven't answered my questions. You said Wall-e and up are better movies than this, have you seen the movie? Or you will use more ad hominem?

Disney has made the best film every year they released a film (except for when Cars released)? Lmao. So why didn't they make the best film this year considering that they have done it almost every year they released a film. 

This isn't ad hominem lol and yes, I have seen the film. It is a 9/10.

Edited by lorddemaxus