kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

^I do think SPA did hit a rough patch last year but they seem to have recovered with the success of Peter Rabbit and HT3. I think Spider-Verse does prove they can push the limits of Imageworks although I'm not sure if Ghostbusters would work as well as Spider-Verse given the franchise has no appeal outside of English speaking territories. 

I hoping that Spider-Verse will lead to more cel shaded animated movies, Disney experimented with it with shorts like Paperman and Feast but not an animated film. Even WAG should experiment with it with Scooby or Space Jam 2.

Quick reminder, this week is your last chance to vote for Into the Spider-Verse in the Most Anticipated Movies thread.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=357

All you have to do is make up 9 other movies you're looking forward to over the next 365 days and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

it was bordering on too busy/noisy for me 

So, it’s like their other two animated movies. The frantic pace was problem number one with those Lego and Cloudy movies.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

On a visual level, I didn't think anything was too overwhelming till the end (and personally I was fine)

In terms of jokes, dialogue, story, it felt just right compared to the Lego movies. It's breezy but not particularly exhausting.

Edited by MrPink

Sorry, I should perhaps have been clearer as to what I meant by 'overwhelming' visually:

I don't really mean that it's confusing plot-wise or that the story moves too quickly, rather that there will be some for whom the literal visual information presented in terms of colour and light will be a little nausea inducing for those who are prone to that.

I should also add that while I was on the cusp of this response, I was generally ok, and everything other than this about the movie was absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I really wonder how this looks in 3D. I am so tempted to spring for the 15$ it'll cost...probably beautiful. 

I watched it in 3D (not imax) and it was pretty spectacular. I would recommend if you can comfortably afford (it was free for me)

• Thanks 1

Saw an early screening this weekend and just echoing what others have said... This was a fantastic film through and through.

Currently tied with my number 1 Spidey film SM2 (maybe even juuuust etches it out)

Now I just want to see other super hero films in this art style like the X-men (Not that thats going to happen)

• Like 1

The animation style here is really hard for my eyes for some reason.  Kind of like that sequence in Incredibles 2 with the flashing lights.  It's just really hard for me to watch even the trailers.  I have no idea why.  The motion is so jerky, it feels like my vision keeps trying to catch up with it or something. It looks like a cute movie, but I don't think I could sit through it. I wear glasses, but it isn't like my prescription is Coke bottle kind of lenses.  I don't know.

• Like 1