kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

Just now, The Futurist said:

Reviews for this in France are as Goebels-ian as they are in english speaking countries.

still mad that people like a cartoon huh. being the guy who declares too many people enjoy a thing and that's bad makes you very interesting. this is what you wanna hear right?

• Like 5

How much did this cost?

If the budget for this was really as modest as I have been reading,and the final antimation is so good, then a lot of the animatation studios will be asking question about why their films cost so danm much when Lord and Miller can get  the same quality at a lot  less cost.

Just now, dudalb said:

How much did this cost?

If the budget for this was really as modest as I have been reading,and the final antimation is so good, then a lot of the animatation studios will be asking question about why their films cost so danm much when Lord and Miller can get  the same quality at a lot  less cost.

90M.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, Krissykins said:

I think the marketing has been ok here in the U.K. I’m especially hearing that song from the soundtrack everywhere and it’s top 10 in the U.K. chart. 

I wonder if a lot of people in the UK are just staying home to watch the government crisis.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly he probs deserves a pre-emptive weekend thread ban. if it disappoints 100 posts trying to turn it into a dumbass "critics vs the people" culture war thing. if it succeeds 100 posts about americans being sheep or whatever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Yup, if the animatation is a good as reported, a lot of the studios are going to wonder why their costs are so high.

Disney and Pixar are based in California so the costs are going to be higher and they do not skimp on animation quality either. $90m is SPA's highest budget in a long time since they moved to Vancouver. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

How much did this cost?

Depends for who imo the Disney/Pixar cost is mostly the giant 5+ year's process with sometime a major change that almost restart them 3 year's in, people travelling studying subject, inventing new technology, that really big time and giant resource are a reason for their really high batting average.

Pixar has around 1150 employee according to this:

https://www.owler.com/company/pixar

And make around 1 movie a year, that pretty much a 150m-175m in expense right there by movies before spending on the voice cast, musics/score and other not in house affair, the immobilisations, the computers/electricity and so on.

That massive spending create a nice clout for them and probably the way to go, their brand being associated so much with quality with that amount of resource put in every title is paying for them and they can monetize their success much more than the others.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

If this movie makes money could it be the Spider-Man [2002] of animated super hero films? Could we get competing animated cinematic universes between the companies on top of live action ones? I know there's meant to be a LEGO Batman 2, but idk if that really counts since it's technically a LEGO film too

10 hours ago, TMP said:

If this movie makes money could it be the Spider-Man [2002] of animated super hero films? Could we get competing animated cinematic universes between the companies on top of live action ones? I know there's meant to be a LEGO Batman 2, but idk if that really counts since it's technically a LEGO film too

I doubt Spider-Verse will make enough money even with good legs to be on the level of Spider-Man 1. That movie ((And Blade+X-Men before it)) is on a crazy level only matched by TDK, Iron Man, and Avengers since in terms of the CBM scene. ((If we count prior then ofc Superman 78 and Batman 89))

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1