kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

I really feel like that something like 150m DOM and 150m OS would be really good for the film, but idk. I have a bad feeling on the rush to presume that the sterling reviews is gonna equate to big success

This and Bumblebee feel in the same boat.  Great reviews for their studio and franchise, yet potentially middling box office despite that.

• Like 1

I saw it last sunday

To put the context, I do not read the comics and I do not know the Spider-Verse and it never interests me. For me, Spider-Man was Peter Parker and nothing else. I loved the Raimi trilogy (even the 3 which is not so good but I still enjoyed), I appreciated TASM (and hated TASM2) and I liked Homecoming. And for me, Spider-Man PS4 was the best story I had ever seen for a Spider-Man! 

This film is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

It was incredible, between the animation never seen but so good, the characters, dialogues, jokes and the fact that it is super touching at times! Everything is perfectly managed and I would have liked the film to last longer so it was good... 

This film made me discover Miles (more developed than Spider-Man PS4 for a first acquaintance of the character) and I loved it. 
I loved to see all the other characters in Spider-Man (Gwen, etc ...) and this film made me want to discover this Spider-Verse (me who was very resistant to it, not being a comic reader) !!! 

The trailers had not hyped me more than that. Frankly, it's probably my favorite movie of 2018. And god knows I loved Black Panther, Avengers, Ready Player One and Mission Impossible 6 so much.

In any case, this is without a doubt the best animated film of 2018 and of recent years (and I loved the Incredibles 2). 
I hope that it will do very well in the USA and in the world because it deserves it amply! 

Sony is extremely good for video games and we know, they are very very inconsistent or even meh when it comes to their cinema business and its management but there are exceptions and this Spider-Man is a beautiful one that I recommend to everyone to go see, fan of Spider-Man or not !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/10/2018 at 12:01 PM, Spidey Freak said:

I can't believe the only bad review spoiling the perfect score so far is because of "blurry animation". :rolleyes:

Eh, look at RT scores of older classic movies that have held the test of time, recent movies are definitely graded on a curve when it comes to RT scores. I usually enjoy movies more in the 80-90% range rather than the "universal acclaim" (97%+) range. When a movie gets 99% it's usually because it's softened any rough edges, but those rough edges are necessary for a work of art to be transcendent. Though I hate him, the dude who directed TLJ was onto something when he said a truly great movie needs haters.

That said, I'm sure this movie will be fun, beautiful, and I just purchased a ticket.

All three of the negative reviews that have been posted on Rotten Tomatoes have cited the low frame rate as being too distracting. Still, if The Incredibles 2 managed to be a hit in spite of all of the epilepsy issue, I don’t think this movie having weird animation should be a huge deal for the general public. 

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All three of the negative reviews that have been posted on Rotten Tomatoes have cited the low frame rate as being too distracting. Still, if The Incredibles 2 managed to be a hit in spite of all of the epilepsy issue, I don’t think this movie having weird animation should be a huge deal for the general public. 

epilepsy, head aches, nausea,... sometimes ppl do not even know why they are feeling poorly. But I agree, the fast majority will not have any problem with it 😉

46 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If anything, it'll be bang-on the reason some of the GA doesn't like it.

8 hours ago, MrPink said:

There's one particular scene that struck me as a little heavy for PG. I'd hesitate to call it a straight family film.

Having not seen it, I assume said scene is part of why it's PG-13 in some countries.

Edited by cookie

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, PANDA said:

This and Bumblebee feel in the same boat.  Great reviews for their studio and franchise, yet potentially middling box office despite that.

That the chance you take when opening against heavy competition.

The Holiday season is always crowded...this year more then most, and with the completion more heavy hitting.

Just not quite enough box office pie this season for everybody to get a piece.

The film is phenomenal. WOM should be insane for this. The animation isn't weird, it's unique, it's truly a comic book come to life and it doesn't feel choppy. I can see it being overwhelming at times because every frame is so detailed and it's really rich but that's about it. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

16 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The film is phenomenal. WOM should be insane for this. The animation isn't weird, it's unique, it's truly a comic book come to life and it doesn't feel choppy. I can see it being overwhelming at times because every frame is so detailed and it's really rich but that's about it. 

Sounds really ggod to me,  but it might be offputting to the GA..and, as with any film meant for a wide audience, the GA will decide the film's fate at the box office.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sounds really ggod to me,  but it might be offputting to the GA..and, as with any film meant for a wide audience, the GA will decide the film's fate at the box office.

F the GA lol