kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

It might well come across as " too much comic book geekiness" for many people.

There are parts of it that absolutely are "comic book overload". But those parts are still insanely accessible to the GA! Many scenes are enjoyable on multiple levels, both on an easter egg level for those of us who have more comic books than some folks can imagine, and on a simple "that's just a really good scene" level, where even if you missed that obscure reference, you still enjoyed the scene because it hit the basics right out of the park. It's amazing how well this movie is made.

Great example is that post-credit scene. Most folks will have no clue who that is, but they will still find the scene hilarious.

26 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Already leaked...There's a cam online. Leaks have been fast lately...

That's not good... I'm sure there's many people who will still want to see it in theaters, so I doubt the cam footage gets too many viewers--at least not enough to significantly affect the gross.

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

That's not good... I'm sure there's many people who will still want to see it in theaters, so I doubt the cam footage gets too many viewers--at least not enough to significantly affect the gross.

As mentioned above, these cam versions are "normal". The Aquaman cam has been out for a week already. These things won't affect box office to any noticeable extent, because they've already been par for the course for years. If all cams disappeared, then every movie would make more. But since all big movies have them, it won't affect Aquaman and Spider-Verse any more than it affected Infinity War and Venom and Wonder Woman and everything else.

You'd only notice a difference when an actual good professional copy of the movie gets leaked, like with that first Wolverine movie, and that one still did good enough at the box office.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this movie is literally as perfect as a superhero movie can be. it is the new gold standard to me. i don't give a shit if i'm hyperbolizing. 

oh sorry i meant to post this in the Deadpool christmas movie thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1