kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Only person in the theatre right now.

We only had about 20-30 people in our theater. Granted it's a work day but I think this movie is going to need GREAT word of mouth to get big $$$. I've already told my brother it's a must-see movie. He's always hesitant to go to movies these days because he has so many kids and doesn't want to waste the money on shit films lol.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 3:59 PM, That One Guy said:

Alright.  If this movie doesn’t make more than $1M OS, then I will hack off both of my testicles with a rusty machete while eating a sock and stepping on Legos and broken glass.  If it goes over, then you do that.

Deal? :redcapes: 

@That One Guy @CJohn

You guys still doing this bet, or...?

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I've sadly come to the conclusion that the UK cinemagoing audience is absolute trash. Looking at our track record over the last few years as to which films have done disproportionately well and badly makes for a horror story.

I'd just point out that this isn't exactly a massive shock given that Aquaman opened the day before in the UK, Bohemian Rhapsody is an absolute juggernaut midweek like Mamma Mia before it, and Creed 2s been doing pretty well. 

Ultimately though there just hasn't been much visible marketing for it at all, and it isn't seemingly on the radar of the average cinemagoer in the UK.

Sony really should have released it on the 7th December just so it could benefit from a few days to itself before Aquaman. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

cam versions always come out opening weekend for years and they always look like garbage vomit.

That's because the kind of recording device/camera you can sneak into a movie theater is not the kind that can give you a good quality copy.

Saw this movie in Dolby Cinema today. Best way to describe it - a spectacular mess. Takes the madcap messiness of the Guardians and Deathpool approaches to an even higher level of messiness. And I'm sure the relatively large Dolby screen and booming sound added to that. Let chaos reign! 

But it's not without entertainment value. Not 98% worth like on RT, but entertaining nonetheless.

B .... 782/1000

13 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Saw this movie in Dolby Cinema today. Best way to describe it - a spectacular mess. Takes the madcap messiness of the Guardians and Deathpool approaches to an even higher level of messiness. And I'm sure the relatively large Dolby screen and booming sound added to that. Let chaos reign! 

But it's not without entertainment value. Not 98% worth like on RT, but entertaining nonetheless.

B .... 782/1000

I’d agree with this take. It’s definitely getting overpraised. The animation is stupid good, the humor is great, the story is sweet, but it’s flawed. I’m not a fan of the climactic battle, it felt lazy to use the... thing... instead of New York. Basically it was random, it can’t touch stuff like Avatar’s climactic battle for example which had rules and real drama. I’d give it a 7/10, one of the better Marvel movies, maybe one of the best, although that’s not a high bar. It’s on par with Ragnarok and Dr Strange, but far from IW.

For me I think one of the big takeaways from that article is that the live action and animation Spideys are two different trains each following their own path. The folks working on the animated Spider-Verse movies are really working too closely with the folks doing the live-action SUMC (or whatever its called) movies with Venom and Morbius, etc.

Although yes, you would think that an animated Silk first would help a live-action Silk movie do better later.

Also, even Dan Slott was impressed with their Spider-knowledge!

3 hours ago, AJ2k said:

We only had about 20-30 people in our theater. Granted it's a work day but I think this movie is going to need GREAT word of mouth to get big $$$. I've already told my brother it's a must-see movie. He's always hesitant to go to movies these days because he has so many kids and doesn't want to waste the money on shit films lol.

It needs great WOM from people who are not Comic Book Geeks, frankly. A lot of the tweets and comments I have seen for the film won't help with the GA.If anything, they will convince a lot of people this film is only for hard core Spidey Geeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kitik said:

For me I think one of the big takeaways from that article is that the live action and animation Spideys are two different trains each following their own path. The folks working on the animated Spider-Verse movies are really working too closely with the folks doing the live-action SUMC (or whatever its called) movies with Venom and Morbius, etc.

Although yes, you would think that an animated Silk first would help a live-action Silk movie do better later.

Also, even Dan Slott was impressed with their Spider-knowledge!

I think the real takeaway if the film disappoints at the box office is that getting the comic book geeks excited about it is not enough. You have to sell it to the General Audience.

Hard Core Comic books geeks make up only a part..and not a huge part either, of people who go see CBM Movies.