grim22

Rose Byrne launches all-female production company

http://www.avclub.com/article/rose-byrne-launches-all-female-production-company-218462

Byrne, along with The Last Impresario director Gracie Otto, theater and opera director Shannon Murphy, emerging producer Jessica Carrera, and actor Krew Boylan, recently formed a new production company, The Dollhouse Collective. “The core aim is to develop theatre, film and television together and tell stories with a strong female presence,” Otto told ScreenDaily. “This formalizes what we are already doing. Sitting around the dinner table we have always been sounding boards for each other.”

• Like 7

Just to clarify, from what I can tell from the article, I don't think they're saying that they'll only ever hire females. Just that all of its producers are females and that they aim to tell stories with a strong female presence. 

• Like 3

Just to clarify, from what I can tell from the article, I don't think they're saying that they'll only ever hire females. Just that all of its producers are females and that they aim to tell stories with a strong female presence. 

I'm glad they are doing it. it sounds kinda of cool actually.. but technically it is kind of sexist  :P  

• Like 1

In which case, awesome. :)

• Like 1